Super Contributor

Lisa Robertoson's little black dress

I hope LR brings that LBD she wore to the wedding to the Q. I Loved the open neckline and the style of the skirt, not needing to be form fitting. I can imagine that dress being a staple in my closet. It would be great to show off a great piece of jewelry, either necklace or earrings. (I believe this is the same dress she has worn on a Judith Ripka show, where I first noticed it.)

The LBD is not always easy to find, especially when you factor in the quality of fabric.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertoson's little black dress

White House Black Market has several little black dresses.

Love these two dresses.

Respected Contributor

Nordstrom will have a sales associate help you find the perfect anything and all you need to do is,just try them on. It's so easy. I'm sure many other stores will do the same. I have a favbulous summer and winter black dress that makes me able to grab it if I need it. Whatever LBD,you choose,just don't wear tan casual wedge heels....lol.
Super Contributor

On 9/23/2014 birkin baby said: Nordstrom will have a sales associate help you find the perfect anything and all you need to do is,just try them on. It's so easy. I'm sure many other stores will do the same. I have a favbulous summer and winter black dress that makes me able to grab it if I need it. Whatever LBD,you choose,just don't wear tan casual wedge heels....lol.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Great idea! I love the way it went in at the waist and then had that full skirt with the folds. It was beautifully cut. She could make it for GILI.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the dress LR had on for the wedding was classic and quite elegant...but easy enough that almost any one could wear that style and feel perfectly attired.

The fabric would be the key...some chintzy poly/span would not be good, IMO.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 kate2357 said:

I thought the dress LR had on for the wedding was classic and quite elegant...but easy enough that almost any one could wear that style and feel perfectly attired.

The fabric would be the key...some chintzy poly/span would not be good, IMO.

You are so right, Kate! I hope QVC will take note and do this dress right, including in petites.

Honored Contributor

loved the dress and the open neckline and skirt areas were perfect! i would love to know where she got it OR if she is planning it for the GILI line. it is definitely the perfect dress for accessorizing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I loved the cut of this dress and would love to know the label.

Unfortunately QVC's versions of designer items lose a lot of the subtleties that make them timeless classics.

Honored Contributor

Lisa answered on her FB page that the dress is La Petite Robe.

I too loved the style of Lisa's dress.

That brand of dress is in the $600.00 price range and up.