Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@cosmic1 wrote:

The problem is that Johnnysbro gets on the boards and make wildly exaggerated claims about Lisa.  

If JB doesn't post anything, no one talks about her.  

When she was a host, I always liked her and she probably sold me more than any other host on the Q.  She is a great salesperson.  However, I don't post over the top messages about her on her former place of employment's boards.  That is just asking for trouble and, really, no one cares.  If someone wants to purchase from her, they know where to find her.

I seriously have wondered if JB doesn't really dislike her and posts these things just to see her get trashed.  On the other hand, I have to wonder if JB isn't someone who works for Lisa and comes over here when sales are slow in order to drive more traffic to her ecommerce site.  

@cosmic1 

did you ever wonder if JB is lisa herself???

@MalteseMomma  ..... I’ve always said that JB is really LR

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Get over it.  She's left years ago and she isn't coming back because QVC doesn't want her and doesn't need her and is doing just fine without her.  Kathy Levine was once "Queen Bee" and QVC did just fine without and LR was once "Queen Bee" and QVC went on to do just fine without her.  Hosts come, hosts go that's the business.  

@chrystaltreeAmen Chrystaltree....LR topic has worn thin...

Respected Contributor
@MalteseMomma. No, I cannot conceive of her posting that kind of stuff about herself. Anything is possible though.
Honored Contributor

What I know best is that many Forum posters love hosts or vendors I don't.  And I like hosts and vendors they don't like.

I've never quite firgured out why it matters to anyone except someone whose job depends upon how much they sell how fast.

Having said that -  I'm a stuck in the mud shopper.  I don't trry many new and different brands except some I can see and touch and smell in local stores.  And I do that because I've been burned once too often by following the packs.  With very, very few excepts all my returns have come from falling for the oft repeated raves I've seen here.

@mollymaggieWe agree.  I'm not related to Lisa R nor to Jonny, but she's really the only host who has left that I'm still sorry she's gone.

Esteemed Contributor

To comment on the OP's and others' opinion regarding this thread's topic ...  I may be in the minority, but I never found LR to be all that good of a host.  She was pretentious, transparent and a bit disengenuous ... with a few catch-phrases that apparently appealed to those who liked her.  

Unlike Jill Bauer, who I will very much miss; she was one host I was not sorry to see leave.

Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed Lisa along with others who are no longer part of the Q. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Name someone on the Q that can even get close to what she brought

"David Venerable"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

This entire relationship between the host and viewer is a deliberate strategy. They come into our home everyday, and they tell snippets about their life, and hopefully that entices you to trust them, and to buy more. The flip side is some people really start to identify with them and think they know them. The fact is QVC is just fine without Lisa, and any other host. 

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I do agree.  Lisa loves high end products and made no secret about it.  Some people are jealous of her success.  Why????  She works hard to maintain her success!!!  If you don't like her, fine, your choice.  But, your dislike doesn't cary over to all of us.

How do you come to the conclusion people are jealous of her? How about people just have a different opinion. I don't care one way or the other about her, but she clearly kept a careful eye on herself in the monitor, and lost focus many times. I just changed the channel, and moved on. In a way watching for some is like an accident you want to look away, but you just can't. 

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I do agree.  Lisa loves high end products and made no secret about it.  Some people are jealous of her success.  Why????  She works hard to maintain her success!!!  If you don't like her, fine, your choice.  But, your dislike doesn't cary over to all of us.

@grandma r 

What sucess????? 

She gets to make infomercials on TV.........lol 

Is that what you call ,"Success" ????.....  just askin'