Respected Contributor

Re: Lingerie Poll: Mannequins or live models?

On 6/28/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 6/27/2014 Ms X said:

Pook: As an occasional customer and viewer, I have every right to offer input as to what I'd like to see or not see. I raised this point now because they were showing the live models while selling Breezies. Of course, they would take into account what most viewers want in making their decision. My opinion counts as much as any other customer's. I consider this a classless and unnecessary practice, although most on this thread disagree.

Well, Mrs X, I sure hope you have no plans to spend time on beaches in France ..... you'll never recover from all the topless sunbathers casually enjoying the outdoors. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

QVC is not a beach in France. What is done there is not the standard for American television. I have NO problem with topless sunbathing, but I am not running in my local drugstore and post office topless.

Super Contributor

Live models.

Honored Contributor

lets see......on television we now see commercials with men and women in undies/bras/lingerie, be "safe" ads, get "excited" ads with prescription and non-prescription help for men and women, "SAM" in my pants, booze ads, match.com ads where a man is laying all over a woman while a room full of guests watch, and so on and so forth.

i dont think it is so "wrong" on a shopping channel for a particular brand! now if they started showing models in their bras and undies and laying on a sleep number bed they are selling THEN i might do a double take. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein