Respected Contributor

Re: Lingerie Poll: Mannequins or live models?

On 6/28/2014 Ms X said:

Well, ladies, I guess we're going to have to put up with models in their skivvies on both HSN and QVC, as most shoppers find value in this. Thanks to those who stuck up for me against some of the borderline hostile replies. It is fine to disagree, but to attribute bad motivations or character traits to me because I prefer not to see models in their underwear on Fashionably Early is a bit much.

On this board if you say "Good Morning", someone is going to call you a hater - perhaps you hate the night and therefore you praise the morning!!! You are not nearly so entitled to your opinion as they are (especially if you're over 40)!!

Since I don't see lingerie on models in department stores, I find it quite easy to choose my things without live models. I think you have to consider the source of those borderline hostile replies? And use the "Ignore User" choice. Works for me!

Honored Contributor

I think everyone has every right to voice their opinion. Ugh! I can't believe there are so many people who just want to argue.

I agree with the last poster when she/he said that there are people who argue about anything/everything.

Thank goodness these same people aren't in my life. I want someone who is going to make me feel better.

Respected Contributor

Maybe they think that will help the Breezies sales!

Super Contributor

I prefer the live models. I think that QVC does it pretty tastefully, so it doesn't bother me. HSN uses very fake looking girls, which makes it come off a little tacky and in poor taste (IMO).

Respected Contributor

I am not offended by live lingerie models; however, I do no think it is for a general audience. QVC promotes itself as being a family show. Models wearing only panties and bras do not make a family show, not my family anyway. LOL

Honored Contributor

On 6/27/2014 Ms X said:

Pook: As an occasional customer and viewer, I have every right to offer input as to what I'd like to see or not see. I raised this point now because they were showing the live models while selling Breezies. Of course, they would take into account what most viewers want in making their decision. My opinion counts as much as any other customer's. I consider this a classless and unnecessary practice, although most on this thread disagree.

Well, Mrs X, I sure hope you have no plans to spend time on beaches in France ..... you'll never recover from all the topless sunbathers casually enjoying the outdoors. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

On 6/27/2014 Pook said:

blondie1001 said "You don't see many men doing things like this. I am sick of seeing women lower themselves" What about all those hunky male underwear commercials on tv, billboards, on the sides of buses, etc?? More prominent than a shopping channel using live models. How is that women lowering themselves in any way? It's a job - nothing to be ashamed of - and probably not a bad paying one at that.

circles posted "....there are too many weirdos out there watching...now you parade a beautiful shapely model out in front of the camera in bra and panties...and there is a good chance she could be stalked by one of the weirdos...." There surely are many weirdos out there and it doesn't matter if someone is modeling underwear, nun outfits, or just walking down the street modestly clothed for many. No one knows what attracts some. We, as women, shouldn't have to feel like we have to pin our tops closed at the neck or wear clothing that gives no hint we are actually women because there are some wierdos out there who could be set off by anything. It doesn't take modeling underwear to set a weirdo off. Some have strange fetishes that do not include nudity in any way shape or form. Just in my area over the years there were men who picked women to stalk because one became obsessed with a fast food worker with a great smile and luscious lips; a nurse because he thought her uniform looked great on her; a fully clothed heavyset dj who he said had a sexy voice that was calling out to him and a security guard in one of those heavy awful uniforms because the man was obsessed with a woman in uniform - none of which were modeling underwear anywhere. We can't live our lives in fear of some weirdo who might decide to stalk us for unknown reasons. Normal men wouldn't bat an eyelash at those models modeling more conservatory underwear that mostly older women choose.

Well said, Pook. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

What IS going to be acceptable to the overly modest .... modelling muu muus and burkhas ?

It's mostly women watching the women's clothing presentations, anyway, so what is the problem? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Regular Contributor

Live models, I want to see how it fits on real "girls" not on plastic ones. I don't know anyone whose girls are that perky as the mannequins, maybe when I was 12. The irony is I can't wear any bras that QVC offers since I am a did cup (home grown by the way! )

Super Contributor

Mannequins..PLEASE!! Who needs to look at models in their underwear?!

Esteemed Contributor

Live models modeling lingerie doesn't bother me in the least.