Valued Contributor

I love Louis's demeanor and his selling method, very professional.  Sadly, I don't think the demographic of the people that QVC wants is going to buy his line.  Much like Bob Mackie's line.  Both of these lines would appeal more to the older,  more conservative dresser.  {me}   But I think QVC wants the Cuddle-Duds, LOGO, Lori Felt buyers {not me}

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

I love Louis's demeanor and his selling method, very professional.  Sadly, I don't think the demographic of the people that QVC wants is going to buy his line.  Much like Bob Mackie's line.  Both of these lines would appeal more to the older,  more conservative dresser.  {me}   But I think QVC wants the Cuddle-Duds, LOGO, Lori Felt buyers {not me}

Unfortunately this is very true.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, since moving to CA I do not get Q2 so a lot of times forget to watch online when Louis is on.  I love to see his presentations but I do think he shows too many tall, very slim models which may put some people off as I, for one, do not look so elegant unfortunately.

His clothing is, to me, more dressy but I can find pieces that fit into my casual lifestyle.  Hope he is around for a long time as his shows are enjoyable and professional.

Respected Contributor

well said @bootsanne I have Louis's whisper knit sweaters and several pairs of slacks. They go to work and church easily and are well-made and comfortable. I have his tiered boho skirts for summertime (I'm petite and they are ankle length on me which is fine). I didn't buy the last QVC2 big deal he showed because that kind of print wouldn't look good on me.

And I agree QVC is far more interested in the casual brands.

Trusted Contributor

I guess there is a reason they call him MR CUSTOMER TOP RATED....and he knows it...he does not lack in confidence thats for sure. 

He has some lovely things.  Maybe he gets the exposure he wants ?  I just do not know.

But I really have never seen a designer with so many top rated items on QVC.

He and Mackie are kind of Royalty at the Q.  BIG designers , especially Mackie....

His career spans thru some amazing stars he has styled.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I see nothing I want in the Linea or Bob Mackie line.      Just gave 2 Linea pieces to Goodwill - been hanging in spare closet for 9 years......never wore them.    I think recent Linea items are awful - great for tall models; but not me.

@fthunt   Why in the world did you keep them 9 years, until they went out of style, when someone whose tastes are more so could have appreciated and enjoyed them.  Not to be lecturing but I am learning that so many people in the world appreciate that which we do not and we need to give freely.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It would be nice to see more Linea on the Q.  His pieces are classic with a flare.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

Unfortunately this is very true.

@IMW   I wish if they were going to cater to a casual lifestyle, they would have more superior quality.  Some of these brands are just disposable clothing, one wear and out it goes.

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday So right  about the quality of the fabrics.  My nieces  bought me an outfit from Lane Bryant, a store I never shop at .  It is also a style I would never have purchased, jogger pants and a very long top.  It  was expensive, I kept it and wore it a couple of times.  It actually looks fairly decent on me but the fabric is just junk.  Poly/span that is as light as a feather but is already pilling.  Any piece of lint or hair has to be pulled off as it is lint-brush resistant.  That is just a throw-away fabric.

Valued Contributor

Louis' line IMO fills a certain niche that many others do not. He has a very loyal customer base that seems to buy just about anything he brings. I remember him bringing some kind of necklace that people kept saying beads fell off and it broke and he asked them to return it to him, not QVC. Any other vendor would be kicked to the curb and people would stop buying, But his customers are fiercely loyal and there's nothing wrong with that,

However, he always designed classy, chic pieces that when he styled his models, we at home would swoon over how good they looked,

Now I see his shows and think meh, nothing special. The high fashion models he uses look great of course but on me, not so much, Wearing a pair of trousers with a blouse and kitten heels isn't me, and I wouldn't wear a beret, sunglasses and all the jewelry so it would just be a plain, boring outfit. 

People today except for "occasions" just don't dress like that anymore. Hats and gloves are my mothers generation, and if they do, they live in a country club world that I am not part of.