Respected Contributor

I really wish that QVC would value Louis more!

When he is at QVC, he is typically given a 3am spot OR his items are shown as part of another apparel show. He has the highest rated clothing of any designer on QVC.

They need to have a designing men segment EVERY week and include him. When is the last time Louis was given a TSV?

Honored Contributor

He had a Big Deal about a week ago.  It was a bordered print blouse.  If you are interested, there appears to be many left.  I don't think they sold well at all.

He also had a beautiful scarf to match the blouse.  The scarves did well.

He has been on QVC2 a lot lately with new spring fashions.

Honored Contributor

I imagine they do value Louis but his clothing has a limited audience, not selling anywhere nearly as much as Susan Graver or Lori Goldstein.  Too bad because his offerings are so much nicer.  My problem is that his clothing is too dressy for my very casual lifestyle.  I'm basically a denim kind of girl.  There may be many others like me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Louis Dell Olio owns Linea. The brand is not owned by QVC; therefore much less exposure than Q brands of clothing.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3   Someone else posted about this yesterday. Louis has little interest in a TSV according to a poster who read his comments on his Blog. Scroll back and read it if you are curious. 

I've seen his TSV's in the past. They do very well, but such a long day is taxing and exhausting for Louis. He doesn't need that headache. 

I haven't seen a TSV do well in years. Most end up as Clearance merchandise or Lunchtime Specials. Why would an honored Coty Designer waste their time with that nonsense? His programs are all I really watch on QVC. I adore his whisper knits!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

The only item own from LD is a Denim Dress which is beautiful.

Linea as Kachina624 mentioned not suitable for my lifestyle. 

Notice his slim ankle pant is on clearance ordered because thought the style would be perfect casual or dressy, not even close. Fabric is okay.. that's where it stopped- wasn't slim fitting, wide legs, hip to ankle couldn't get over the difference between item presented, and in person. Never experienced anything like it before.

The "Big Deal" top imo not attractive print or style. Everyone looked matronly, shapeless. Not at all surprised reading (BD) did not do well. 

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased a few of Linea's items and they are very well made.  However, I agree with some of the other ladies that many of the items do not fit my lifestyle.

The TSV displayed a beautiful print on the top half and I loved that their was a matching scarf, how smart looking!  However the border made all of the models look hippy  I am pear shaped so I do not need my hips being emphasized.

I do love watching Linea shows, he seems like a very nice person as does Bob Mackie who also makes excellent clothes although a bit too "artsy" for some of the items.

Honored Contributor

I agree @Tinkerbell3! He was on QVC2 the other day and because I couldn't be home or near a computer or device by myself I couldn't see it. Smiley Sad

At least when he is on the main channel I can DVR his shows, and I do. I can then order items I see - if they're not sold out. Many times I take a chance and order before the item is shown. I'm sure I'm not the only one - LOL! 

The Comcast station near us used to switch a channel to QVC2 around 2 a.m. I think, but they discontinued that.

Louis needs to be on the main QVC channel! 

Respected Contributor
His brand IMO is for a niche audience that prefers dressier pieces. Today it's all about comfort and being able to wear clothes you can take from day to night without feeling fussy. Whether you like it or not, the more classic and tailored style isn't what many people want anymore so QVC is following the demand for profit. I like some of his things but they don't fit my lifestyle either.

But since Linea does have a good, supportive following I don't think he's going anywhere. Q needs to have a balance in their fashion for those that do want more tailored clothes.
Esteemed Contributor

I see nothing I want in the Linea or Bob Mackie line.      Just gave 2 Linea pieces to Goodwill - been hanging in spare closet for 9 years......never wore them.    I think recent Linea items are awful - great for tall models; but not me.