Contributor

I purchased the pants and the jacket in the bleached denim and the colors do not match. The jacket is a lighter shade than the pants. It looks like I tried to match them but they are two different shades of denim.  If the contrast between the two were greater it would look better but that's not the case. Would appreciate your input. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last Quacker Factory TSV

@debbear I am OCD on matchy matchy, that would drive me nuts!

Honored Contributor

If it bothers you, you should send it back.

Honored Contributor

@debbearI wear virtually nothing matchy-matchy -  clothing or jewelry.  I don't even have matching lamps on my bedroom night tables.

If I liked the fit of each piece, I'd keep the pair and wear them separately.  However, I admit to not remembering that TSV.  My solution is just for me.

I agree, though, with @ChynnaBlue -  if you won't be happy, bite the bullet on the return and spend what's left of your money on something you will wear.

Honored Contributor

I personally don't like to match denim at all.  If you like both pieces, would you consider just wearing them separately with something else?  Then you have two nice items for separate outfits.  But if you want to wear them together, you should probably return one or the other.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I personally don't like to match denim at all.  If you like both pieces, would you consider just wearing them separately with something else?  Then you have two nice items for separate outfits.  But if you want to wear them together, you should probably return one or the other.

I don't match anything, either. Aside from one suit, I buy separates. I wear a larger size on top than on bottom and when QVC sells an "outfit" with a matching top and bottom, I won't be able to wear it even if I wanted to.

Respected Contributor

If you really like them (and keeping in mind the return by date) I wonder if you were to wash them together (or the darker one alone) if the color might even out.

I do not have that TSV so it is just a thought. I would not like the small color difference either.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I don't match anything, either. Aside from one suit, I buy separates. I wear a larger size on top than on bottom and when QVC sells an "outfit" with a matching top and bottom, I won't be able to wear it even if I wanted to.

Same for me @ChynnaBlue.  Not only don't I have the desire to match my tops & bottoms, I have the exact same sizing issues. I can only get away with a lounge outfit set, where I like the looser bottom anyway.

Occasional Visitor

Please Quaker Factory, stick with 100% cotton tops, the other cling, if your thin  ok, but,if your overweight not so. 

I don't buy any from Susan Graver because of the fabric she uses. 

Honored Contributor

@debbear wrote:

I purchased the pants and the jacket in the bleached denim and the colors do not match. The jacket is a lighter shade than the pants. It looks like I tried to match them but they are two different shades of denim.  If the contrast between the two were greater it would look better but that's not the case. Would appreciate your input. 

The fashionistas here on the boards and elsewhere say it's extremely uncool to match colors of denim in tops and bottoms.   The often say to wear something like khaki with blue Denim.   I deliberately wear non-matching shades of blue or some other color.   Matchy match in Denim is supposed to peg you as a little old lady. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment