Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN. 5)

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon, everyone. I am  home early. School dismissed early because of the snow moving into our  area. The Interstate south of us is packed bumper to bumper for over a mile with vehicles because of accidents. They aren't going anywhere soon.

Before I went to work, I saw the Green Tree Foldable Drying Rack presented. I had the Hangaway version once sold by the Q. These are very handy, so I am cosidering getting another. The Hangaway was very sturdy and held a lot which was  helpful in organizing, drying, etc.

I'm supposed to work tomorrow but I really don't think, based upon the projections, that I will be working. I could do some things around the house this afternoon but I think I will relax by reading.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN. 5)

@KonaKat  I would just relax too.  Why not, we want to ease into 2017, don't we?  That's what I keep telling myself.  You may be home tomorrow anyway.  

We didn't get additional snow, but continue with very cold temps. through Saturday.  It's  balmy 0 degrees right now with the sun shining.  I think I'll have hot chocolate for lunch to celebrate, this will probably be our high today.Smiley Indifferent

Have a wonderful, relaxing afternoon.  Enjoy your book!!

Keep the tv, in case you see something you really, really need.  Mine is on, with no volume and my new CD player is keeping me entertained.Woman Happy

Ladies - hope all of you are well; enjoy your day and keep those CCs under wraps.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies....glad you made it home before the storm hits Jean.   WE are supposed to get some later  into tomorrow.

It is chilly here too  3sum5...in the 20's but the sun has gone in...hot  chocolate sounds good....as I am having some myself ,that's my lunch, it's too late to really eat anything now.    I have been busy all morning,our tree is out for the town to pick up and getting it through the house I think every needle dropped off making a huge mess as you can imagine.  I think I will be sweeping,vacuuming the needles up till next Christmas, at least that's done ....now for the taking down putting away of all the other decos, tomorrow is another day,they didn't get put up in one day.

That's about all going on here....wish it was more exciting.   HOpe you ladies in the nasty weather area aren't hit too hard.       H Ave a nice day.....Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, your area sounds like a big mess.  We haven't had snow for at least 2 weeks & no storms are predicted for this week.  enjoy your time off.  Those racks are very handy.  I have a large Amish made clothes rack that is a life saver in the winter time as I don't have a dryer (by choice) & a large dry basement.  

3suwm5,  it will be about +10 for our high temp today & it will be colder tomorrow through Sunday.  Then a warming spell with mixed precipitation on Tuesday.  I like snow just not a foot at a time.  We have enjoyed Cappuccino lately.  My CC is locked up for a while as our house taxes are due at the end of January & we signed up for a trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico in March.

Other than going into the hot tub, we haven't been out of the house.  We worked on the file cabinet this morning & I couldn't believe how junky it was.  It was cleaned out good 4 years ago.  We do need another paper shredder though, as the one that we bought before Christmas, worked twice & died.  We returned it for a refund.  My next project for this afternoon will be the entrance way closet.  We just throw boots on the floor & stocking caps & gloves on the shelf.

The sunshine feels wonderful.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane, . Our 3 little silver tabletop Christmas trees came down yesterday.  They were perfect. I also took down the white snow owls, boas & white lights. I just kept out a few snowmen.  It  so nice to once again see some family picture here & there.  I remember growing up every year with a live tree because my parents owned a cabin on a lake/tree farm.  It  was fun chopping it down & hauling it back to our hometown.  The worst part was stepping on pine needles in our stocking feet.  OUCH!

Honored Contributor

We had a few small snow squalls this morning that turned I75 into the ice capades.  Lucky for me, not too many people were on the road with me.  Nothing like driving along and feeling your car drifting to the left or right (she said in between screaming). 

I think I am one of the few people in my city still turning on her outside lights.  I'll keep it going until the feast of the epiphany.  My tree and decor will stay up until MLK weekend.  I used to take them down at the epiphany, however once my company started giving us a MLK holiday, I keep them up longer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

BErnie  ice is so much worse than snow....had to smile at your ice capades description.  I usually keep my decos up till little Chistmas but our tree had gotten so dry,seems like the last few days...some of the back branches had turned brown....so that worried me.  We still have some houses around here with lights.....I still have my candles in the windows which I will keep lighting till  this weekend.....I just wanted my tree out of my house.

Jean I received my Or Paz silver ring the other day and it's a keeper for me.   That green clothes dryer thingie looks interesting.....I must have the old model with only three arms....I use it a lot both winter..in house for some tops and stuff I don't put in the dryer and in the summer I put it out on the deck upstairs with the same items.  I am still seeing nothing on the IM s/v coming up.....I put in the item number you gave me  every once and awhile but it still says "sold out".....wonder it it will be a different number on the day of the s/v.

Twinny wow living on a tree farm when you were little must have  been interesting.    OUr first tree when  moved to Maine in the 70's  was a tree we had cut down ...we went into the woods and cut our own....the kids loved it!     YOur are right about the needles.....walking around here today I could feel the crunch when I stepped on some of the needles.

Honored Contributor

http://littlebabyaddison.blogspot.com/2012/01/because-i-needed-laugh-today.html

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you made it home okay, Jean.  I was looking at that drying rack myself.  I have a similar rack (smaller, but....) myself, but a small piece has broken off.  It still works, but I'm nervous that it might fall down if I put too much on it.

I don't think I could handle that cold 3suwm5.  The only think I bought today was gasoline for the car -- a need for sure.

Sorry your tree dried out a bit earlier than you hoped, Marijane.  Hope you are keeping warm.

My file cabinet needs to be cleaned out again, twinny.  Not my favorite job for sure.  Glad you can spend time in your hot tub.

Happy you were okay despite the ice, Bernie.  Enjoy your lights and decorations.

I'd be up for going to Target, meallen.  But, no time to go there.  I guess that is an advantage of not living closer to the store.

We had a lovely day here -- warm and sunny.  I took a walk, and spent most of the day with the caregivers -- lunch, meeting, and coffee.  The lady whose husband passed away last week was there.  He took a turn for the worse on Christmas, and died a few days later.  It was good having a chance to give her a hug.  It is a wonderful group of ladies.

DH was doing pretty well when I visited, and the hospice nurse said his "vitals" were good.  She has ordered another pad in case he falls out of bed.  Another resident fell while I was there -- hit her head and hurt her wrist.  No fun.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda