Trusted Contributor

When her show is on,it seems the only thing he sells are blouses.I hardly see anything else.Just wondering!

Honored Contributor

I noticed that too.  I wear a lot of blouses under jackets so I look for her shows.

But you are definitely right about there being mostly blouses.

I don't even see many of her jewelry shows either.  She used to have some nice jewelry.

It's not my style but I enjoyed seeing them and appreciate the fact that there are people who have various styles.

I have no idea why they have mostly blouses.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA.  I had bought a couple of her lounge dresses that came with a light jacket years ago. 

I love them and wear them often , especially these days.  I haven't seen anything like it in quite sometime.  I am not really a blouse person, my hair is short and collared shirts really bug me, so for me they are a no.  And I own enough pants for an army.  I believe I saw pants recently.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  My theory is that after Joan's tragic passing (still can't believe what happened to her), Melissa lost interest in the retail/TV business but out of deference to David Dangle and loyal staff at the Company, she agreed to keep the line going but at a much reduced level of production and design.

Esteemed Contributor

Have not seen any QVC lately, but it did seem to lose steam after her passing.  She used to have some cute, unique items.

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda Totally agree with you.  Personally I don't think DD has a whole lots of talent - making repeat and repeat of what once sold = is his life.

His age - loyalty to Joan - Melissa has stuck with him.

Honored Contributor

I sure miss her caftans. Loved wearing them around the house.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt  Yes, I totally agree and, possibly, when DD decides to "hang it up" and retire the brand will follow.

I remember so vividly when Joan was alive and scurrying around at 80 (with kitten healed shoes) showing a massive variety of items (many of which I bought and still have, including jewelry) and me saying to myself:  "When will she ever slow down????)  I guess I got my answer! She was like the Ever Ready bunny"...endless energy!!

Honored Contributor

I like David-  probably better than I did Joan.  During several of her appearances before her tragic death, I thought he quietly stepped in several times a show and rescued her.  I was concerned for her health even then.

As for why they sell what they sell -  I'd be quessing, but I do know that overall I did not have good luck with much of Joan's jewelry.  And there are literally thousands of pieces on ebay - only a few anywhere near what they sold for.  

The other guess I have comes from what the owner of a great consignment shop told me once.  She said women buy more tops by far than they do anything else.  Joan was still alive when I heard that, but I know for me it's still true.I've never counted, but I'd say I have at least 3 tops for every bottom I own, and probably more. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers

[ Edited ]

Joan's ponte knit pants are my absolute favorite.  I'd love to have them in a pedal pusher.  I have a few of her blouses, too & love everyone of them.  I've never been disappointed with her line.  Now I'm in the mood to peruse her line for some new stuff!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.