Valued Contributor

Since I have been watching QVC for over 20 years, maybe I can add my observations.  When Joan first came on the Q, she brought an amazing Jewelry line, with everything made in Providence Rhode Island (where all good costume jewelry was made). Everything was weighty, and heavily gold plated. I am so glad I bought lots of these pieces! I was a college Prof. and dressed well every day. I kept everything even after I retired, and wear it often. 

Then, the price of gold went out of sight, and Joan began substituting "resin" for the gold.  She also moved the company to China.  I found every piece shockingly tacky and cheap looking.

That's when she launched her clothing line. Jewelry was phased out and clothing was "Joan Rivers." I agree with what everyone says about the line now.  I ordered one "boyfriend" and when I washed it, on delicate, it came out like a ball of wadded up tissue; that was it for me! I ordered a "swing" jacket, which was  baggy  and shapeless.  No more for me. Ever.

If I want fabulous, classic, well made and beautifully designed clothing, I order Louis Dell O'lio. And the prices are about a third of what they should be, considering that a LOGO tee-shirt is $80.00.  LINEA is the BEST line of clothing on QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous 

I've never tried Louis' line, but he does have some lovely pieces.  Many are dressier than what I need since I work from home full-time (for many years, not just recently).  How is the sizing?  Is it pretty standard QVC sizing?  For instance if I normally wear a Large in QVC clothing, should I order a Large in Louis' line, too?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

When Joan was alive, I used to DVR her appearances on QVC just for laughs.  She was so amusing.  I also liked to hear her describe her jewelry and clothing.  She did a good job at presentations. I also liked her Fashion Police Show.  She was always right on as to whether celebrities outfits were appropriate and/or attractive.  Best part she would explain her reasons.  I saw her in concert once.  My husband and I laughed our heads off.  I am sure we missed half of the jokes.  Her humor was quite blue though, but still hilarious.

Esteemed Contributor

I also miss Joan herself.  She was a hoot!  You never knew what she was going to say next -- but she was excellent at describing all her items.    What I loved most was her hand and nail products.  Sure wish Mr. Dangle would bring back her polishes and hand creams.  *sigh*

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

Since I have been watching QVC for over 20 years, maybe I can add my observations.  When Joan first came on the Q, she brought an amazing Jewelry line, with everything made in Providence Rhode Island (where all good costume jewelry was made). Everything was weighty, and heavily gold plated. I am so glad I bought lots of these pieces! I was a college Prof. and dressed well every day. I kept everything even after I retired, and wear it often. 

Then, the price of gold went out of sight, and Joan began substituting "resin" for the gold.  She also moved the company to China.  I found every piece shockingly tacky and cheap looking.

That's when she launched her clothing line. Jewelry was phased out and clothing was "Joan Rivers." I agree with what everyone says about the line now.  I ordered one "boyfriend" and when I washed it, on delicate, it came out like a ball of wadded up tissue; that was it for me! I ordered a "swing" jacket, which was  baggy  and shapeless.  No more for me. Ever.

If I want fabulous, classic, well made and beautifully designed clothing, I order Louis Dell O'lio. And the prices are about a third of what they should be, considering that a LOGO tee-shirt is $80.00.  LINEA is the BEST line of clothing on QVC.  

Ita agree about Linea...LOVE Louis Dell O'lio!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

SurferWife:  Yes, order your QVC size!  I have at least fifty pieces of LINEA, and they are all beautiful and fit well!

Respected Contributor

Just recently, as I posted, we had to evacuate our home in a hurry re fires so I literally grabbed first thing I saw four shirts with tanks  all Joan Rivers all hanging together in closet some unworn.  Some of them previous tsv's.

Wow did  these serve me well.  Best thing I could have had.  Comfortable, warm also had matching tanks underneath and these were my saviours.

They washed beautifully, dried without wrinkles and were used every day of our nearly 2 weeks evacuation.

For me these are good quality products and I hope they continue with new ones.  Still wearing them!

Trusted Contributor

I agree, anyone remember the trench coats.  I have so many but I don't wear them much.  I'm hesitant to give them away as I know they can't be replaced.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

I had forgotten about her nail polish.  It was the best and lovely colors too. She really had style and I loved listening to her.  She was a hoot for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

I still own one of Joan's trench coats -- shiny stone color with leopard print lining.  Still love it and still wear it fall and spring.  A good trench coat never goes out of style.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt