Honored Contributor

Re: Jeans - Are boot cut getting more popular?

I've never cared for them for myself and particularly don't like them on anyone when they are ankle length - they really look like high waters.

Honored Contributor

Not real "boot Cut" that was tight at the knee then flared out, more of a slightly straight leg.

Honored Contributor

Boot cut never went out of style for me.  It's my chosen style.  I can't wear skinny jeans; my calves are too big.  I can wear straight leg kinda like skinny jeans, but generally only if I'm going to stuff them into my Bear-paws or lace-up boots; however, I have to deal iwth the larger ankle diameter.

Honored Contributor

@songbird  - I don't know what the differences in bootcut are....To me, bootcut is bootcut. 

I also like a flare.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like slim fit vs bootleg.  I have a slim figure and wear a lot of jeans jackets.  My "go to"style is Chicos Juliet ankle pants (I'm 5'4" so my pants are full length).

Respected Contributor

Only skinny jeans for me. I like them in the winter to wear with boots. Too hot here in Missouri for jeans in the summer.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone for posting and listing your favorite jean style!  It's great that we have a lot of styles to pick from.  I usually don't wear jeans at all during the summer months.  I do like the straight leg style also as some of you have mentioned.  I am also glad to see that the waist of jeans are going up again.  Those really low cut ones were okay when I was young but later on -- not so much!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I just think boot cut and straight are always in style

no matter what anyone says.

I see both and not really one style more than the other one.

You can’t go wrong with either of them. 

They both work just fine in my wardrobe.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

IMO boot cut has never been unpopular.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I think it's more about what you personally like than what is popular or "trending". I have always preferred slight boot cut, over all other styles. They just work for me.

@Snicks1I like the way you state the case.  Jeans seem to be an area of fashion where women have objected to the fashion industry telling them what to wear.  Sure there are those who are led by whatever the industry tells them they should be wearing, but if you notice the stores and most brands have always offered options in jeans, even during the height of the period when fashion editors and style leaders were promoting skinny and nothing else. Fortunately those hynotists gave up trying to tell women what jeans to wear and let it go.  While my figure looks best in jeans which are lean and straight (NYJD Sherri and Alina are examples) I really liked the pushback women gave the industry for keeping options other than skinny available.