Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeans - Are boot cut getting more popular?

Oh, I hope not! Have never purchased a pair of boot cut jeans and don't intend to do so. Prefer the skinny leg jeans with sandals or the straight leg jeans in cold weather with beautiful leather footwear. Like to accentuate my waist and hips. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I never stopped wearing them, because they're the style that looks best on me.  Never went in for trends.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vsm  I have never purchased jeggings, leggings, or skinny jeans. I have generous hips and thighs and can't wear the current trend of skinny jeans. I kept my straight leg and boot cut jeans. They look the best on my body type. 

Respected Contributor

Bootcut has never gone "out", but they are definitely becoming more popular. I have bootcut jeans in all rises. They are my favorite jean and jean of choice most days. On occasion I wear a skinny jean, but generally have skinny's to wear with my tall boots in fall/winter. 

Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I wore a pair of bootcut anything. I prefer skinny jeans and jeggings. that way I can wear my tall boots over them rather then having the pant leg cover them. I like to show my footwear, not cover them up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I think we wear what we like and, most likely, flatters our figures.  But if you are interested in the trend.... @songbird  would know .  She knows everything about jeans and trends.

@phoenixbrd, I don't personally wear bootcut but don't mind the look if it's very subtle.

I'll keep zipped up (pun intended) about trends or their "spokespeople". :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@texassunflower wrote:

@vsm  I have never purchased jeggings, leggings, or skinny jeans. I have generous hips and thighs and can't wear the current trend of skinny jeans. I kept my straight leg and boot cut jeans. They look the best on my body type. 

@texassunflower  - I also have never purchased jeggins, leggins or skinny jeans.  I don't have generous hips and thigs, but I just don't care for the look on me.  I think you have to be very slender to wear them.  The bootcut and/or regular straight leg look best on my body type.

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower @San Antonio Gal, I agree with you both. I never have and can't see myself ever buying leggings, jeggings, or skinny jeans. I do have 1-2 pairs of straight leg jeans, the rest are all bootcut. It's what I have always worn and am most comfortable in, as well as what looks best on me. I'm anywhere between and 8 and a 12, depending on the brand and don't consider myself overweight for my height and build, not that I think my size matters, in this context. lol

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I like the look of bootcut but think they work better on taller women and/or women who like wearing heels, and I do think they balance hips as well.  I'm 5'4" (on a good day) and can't wear heels. So I stick with the skinny jean cut and avoid hemming petite length bootcut jeans, even though I'm on the hippy side. I wear a 27-28" inseam on skinny cut, and most petite inseam bootcuts I see are 30". Too long for me.

Honored Contributor

Have never liked or owned the old style boot cut.  I don't know why, but the style left me cold.  I like big flares (or bell bottoms as called) & I have two pairs.  But the rest of my considerable jean collection are a mix of straight, cigarette, slouchy boyfriend with several skinnys thrown in.  In a way they came back.  Not the old style, but the updated kick jeans that came out earlier this year.  The same shape as the boot cut, but much shorter.....and actually cute. Also popular was the modified boot cut.....the so called baby boots and barely boot cute. Of all the styles of jeans, the traditional boot cut was the least popular.  But some women really love that cut of jean. So who knows....they come back strong.  But even at the height of their popularity, it was not a style of jeans that appealed to a lot of women.