Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,599
Registered: ‎07-28-2012
Just have to say...unbelievable that some choose to disbelieve the experts, the science, and the example seen from other countries. SMH
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,213
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

First of all, I'm still not convinced all there measures are needed and will make any difference. That being said, I see that no one on the shows is standing close to anyone, let alone touching. I guess Dennis Basso shows will be off air for a while.  (-:

 


 Maybe reading about this deadly virus or watching the news will educate you and help to stop the spread. In this case, since you have posted you are mid-eighties and a vulnerable group, the life you may be saving could be your own...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,148
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Trinity11 

 

I wish I had one milion hearts for you 

 


@Trinity11 wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

First of all, I'm still not convinced all there measures are needed and will make any difference. That being said, I see that no one on the shows is standing close to anyone, let alone touching. I guess Dennis Basso shows will be off air for a while.  (-:

 


 Maybe reading about this deadly virus or watching the news will educate you and help to stop the spread. In this case, since you have posted you are mid-eighties and a vulnerable group, the life you may be saving could be your own...


 

 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,396
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

First of all, I'm still not convinced all there measures are needed and will make any difference. That being said, I see that no one on the shows is standing close to anyone, let alone touching. I guess Dennis Basso shows will be off air for a while.  (-:

 


 Maybe reading about this deadly virus or watching the news will educate you and help to stop the spread. In this case, since you have posted you are mid-eighties and a vulnerable group, the life you may be saving could be your own...


The OP also lives in Florida.  For some reason, it seems many in that state just aren't taking this seriously at all.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

I concur with those who say not being convinced is just ignoring scientific evidence, for whatever reason.

 

But I just wanted to point out that what they are doing on the set is social distancing, not isolation.

 

And if Dennis Basso were isolated forever, I'd be fine with that.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 755
Registered: ‎01-11-2019

 

@Still Stylish Lady 

 

unlike the regular flu or pneumonia, this virus is way more contagious and spreads much faster.


that is why is many hospitals and nursing homes stopped all visitation weeks ago. many hospitals have also stopped EVERYONE from being in the hospital for deliveries. that alone should 'clearly' indicate that this virus is way more out of control then the regular flu.


and in many cases, peoples lungs are permanently damaged, once they recover. you don't have to believe the media or people here - call your doctor and ask them what they think. ask them if it's okay to go have lunch with 10 people - better yet, ask them if it's okay if you go to nyc? not much is open though. when was the last time new york city shut down?


while the media is not reporting it, there are many hospitals around the country that are at or close to capacity trying to handle the patients. maybe 2 weeks ago, louisiana had 1 case, now they have close to 2,000.


unlike new york and cali, most states do not have large hospitals, in terms of hospital beds. and if new york is hiring additional medical staff NOW, in addition to having fema and the government build additional hospitals, other states will have to do that also, as the need grows.


if medical staff dying from this doesn't convince you that there is a problem with the virus, probably nothing will. well, there is one thing that will convince you, but i'll let you figure out what that is.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,445
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

@iwrite wrote:

 

@Still Stylish Lady 

 

unlike the regular flu or pneumonia, this virus is way more contagious and spreads much faster.


that is why is many hospitals and nursing homes stopped all visitation weeks ago. many hospitals have also stopped EVERYONE from being in the hospital for deliveries. that alone should 'clearly' indicate that this virus is way more out of control then the regular flu.


and in many cases, peoples lungs are permanently damaged, once they recover. you don't have to believe the media or people here - call your doctor and ask them what they think. ask them if it's okay to go have lunch with 10 people - better yet, ask them if it's okay if you go to nyc? not much is open though. when was the last time new york city shut down?


while the media is not reporting it, there are many hospitals around the country that are at or close to capacity trying to handle the patients. maybe 2 weeks ago, louisiana had 1 case, now they have close to 2,000.


unlike new york and cali, most states do not have large hospitals, in terms of hospital beds. and if new york is hiring additional medical staff NOW, in addition to having fema and the government build additional hospitals, other states will have to do that also, as the need grows.


if medical staff dying from this doesn't convince you that there is a problem with the virus, probably nothing will. well, there is one thing that will convince you, but i'll let you figure out what that is.


@iwrite  - yes! My response - Selfishness.  Foolish. And 'can't fix stupid'! 

 

It WILL get worse before it gets bettet and if only we could wish some things away...hurry, hurry, Easter is coming Woman Tongue


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,445
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

First of all, I'm still not convinced all there measures are needed and will make any difference. That being said, I see that no one on the shows is standing close to anyone, let alone touching. I guess Dennis Basso shows will be off air for a while.  (-:

 


 Maybe reading about this deadly virus or watching the news will educate you and help to stop the spread. In this case, since you have posted you are mid-eighties and a vulnerable group, the life you may be saving could be your own...


Well, maybe this is a case of choosing to 'sacrifice'? I read a state leader commented that grandmas and grandpas are willing to sacrifice their lives for the economy. If only we could 'direct' it to the selfish, foolish and reckless ones! 


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,563
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

They're scared and would rather believe it's blown out of proportion then that they could die from it! Unfortunately the apathetic are putting us ALL at risk!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,445
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

@Andreatoo wrote:

They're scared and would rather believe it's blown out of proportion then that they could die from it! Unfortunately the apathetic are putting us ALL at risk!


Some might be scared but is that what you do when you're scared? Run on the street into oncoming traffic? 

 

I think it's about greed, selfishness and choosing to be ignorant. 

 

All these posts about misinformation,  boredom, whining and nonsense. Such sad reflection and existence!  


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri