Super Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

On 4/11/2014 peachesncream said:

If I wear a dress, it's a short one. I would feel overwhelmed by a maxi.

Besides, my DH is a leg man.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I'm 5'3 inches tall and maxi dresses and skirts seem to make me look shorter. So, no I won't wear one outside the house.

Respected Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Sooner said:
On 4/11/2014 SunValley said:

I won't because I prefer wearing a slip to keep the material from wrapping around my legs while walking, and then it's just too hot for summer wear.

YES! You are right! I live in Oklahoma (where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain; and the waving wheat. . . etc. etc.) and the wind blows hard most of the time. I just felt like the one I had was flapping and tripping me and winding around me. HATED it.

That was my experience; felt like I was swaddled! But I like the look, just not for me.

Contributor

Jackielee.....Thanks for letting us know about the Liz Lange brand of maxi dresses. We are the exact same height and I have tried on dozens of maxis trying to find one that looks good on my short frame. I really want one for all the reasons you are loving yours. I'm an older lady with not such great legs anymore, but I love to wear dresses in the summer. I will check out Liz Lange.

Super Contributor

I subscribe to the old adage that if you wore something when it was last fashionable (such as maxi dresses in the early '70's), you probably shouldn't be wearing it now. They just don't really fit with my lifestyle either - and I'm also an inch shorter than I was in the '70's!

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Tique said:

I have a couple of maxi dressed that have jackets. Nice to wear for those hot summer evenings when wherever you are going the ac will be blasting.

I prefer maxi skirts. I liked Pat's outfit this morning with the black and white maxi skirt and the white denim jacket.

she did look good this morning!.....i believe she has worn that outfit before.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I don't wear them because they are too hot in the summer. I like wearing dresses but don't want to cover up my legs. Beside the fact that my husband doesn't like them on anybody...

Esteemed Contributor

Me, occasionally I will wear one around the house if it's hot.

New Contributor

I LOVE them, on me and on others...

Respected Contributor

I will be wearing the many that I own. I like not having anything binding around the waist. Depending on the material they can be very cool and wearing a pattern means no slip, just a pair of jockey's, Ronda Shear or boy shorts.