Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I love them and would wear one every day if I could get away with it (and I'm 5'2-1/2"). I just wore a new one to a school function (husband's retirement) and I received several compliments on it. There were 700 people there, and I saw multiple maxis walking around. So in these parts, they wear them.

Super Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I am 5'3" and i bought two Liz Lange maxi dresses from HSN. These dresses are the best fitting dresses that I've ever owned, I swear! I didn't think that I'd look good in a maxi dress but decided to go ahead and order them as they were both on sale. I wore one of them to church last Sunday and ,after church, stopped to do some shopping at Costco. As I was checking out, a man came up to me and said, " Girl, I just want you to know that that dress looks fabulous on you!! It compliments your frame so well! And take it from me, we gay guys know what looks good!" I've taken that compliment and will carry that every time I wear that dress. I took a chance buying a maxi dress and love it. FOr one reason, I'm 62 and my legs aren't looking that great anymore and they are so comfortable. What is also great about maxi dresses is that they are so easy to dress up or dress down.

Valued Contributor

On 4/11/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 4/11/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Well, dahling, they look fabulous on me!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

same here BCB! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Me too! I wear them all of the time and ALWAYS get compliments. I think someone on this thread got up on the wrong side of the bed--LOL! To say that no one looks good in a maxi--??????. I see LOTS of ladies who look awesome and VERY stylish in maxis.

Valued Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Jackielee said:

I am 5'3" and i bought two Liz Lange maxi dresses from HSN. These dresses are the best fitting dresses that I've ever owned, I swear! I didn't think that I'd look good in a maxi dress but decided to go ahead and order them as they were both on sale. I wore one of them to church last Sunday and ,after church, stopped to do some shopping at Costco. As I was checking out, a man came up to me and said, " Girl, I just want you to know that that dress looks fabulous on you!! It compliments your frame so well! And take it from me, we gay guys know what looks good!" I've taken that compliment and will carry that every time I wear that dress. I took a chance buying a maxi dress and love it. FOr one reason, I'm 62 and my legs aren't looking that great anymore and they are so comfortable. What is also great about maxi dresses is that they are so easy to dress up or dress down.

Jackielee--Most of my maxis are Liz Lange and I'm NOT exaggerating when I say that I get a compliment every single time I wear one. It amazes even me! I think it's the way she constructs the dress, as well as the flowy fabric. I probably have 30-40 of them. I wear them summer with sandals and winter with boots.

Super Contributor

I've been wearing them for years, if they weren't readily available, I'd get them in vintage stores. I love all forms of long hostess/patio/lounge/maxi dresses, always have. Nothing's cooler for me in the hot summer than a long loose dress.
Super Contributor

That would be me. I don't look good in dresses or skirts. I have a short waist and thin, longer legs, so I do better emphasizing my legs. I look heavier in a dress or skirt. Just not a good look on me.

Super Contributor

On 4/11/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Well, dahling, they look fabulous on me!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Same here. Right now I'm living in the South and everyone wears them along with many other Summer styles, of course. They were popular up North on Long Island too. I prefer maxi skirts although I do have quite a few maxi dresses too. It's just that it's hard to find a maxi dress that isn't skimpy on top.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of maxi dressed that have jackets. Nice to wear for those hot summer evenings when wherever you are going the ac will be blasting.

I prefer maxi skirts. I liked Pat's outfit this morning with the black and white maxi skirt and the white denim jacket.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 SunValley said:

I won't because I prefer wearing a slip to keep the material from wrapping around my legs while walking, and then it's just too hot for summer wear.

YES! You are right! I live in Oklahoma (where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain; and the waving wheat. . . etc. etc.) and the wind blows hard most of the time. I just felt like the one I had was flapping and tripping me and winding around me. HATED it.

Respected Contributor

If I wear a dress, it's a short one. I would feel overwhelmed by a maxi.

Besides, my DH is a leg man.