Super Contributor

Re: How do you feel about FRINGE?

Love it!

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about it, but I did buy the TSV in navy, and I've been wearing it ever since I received it. It's very warm and cozy. I fold it in half so it doesn't hang down, I wear it more like a sweater than a cape (so no bathroom issues).

I don't have any boots or handbags with fringe. I don't really like the look of it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I like it in small doses, such as that blue tweedy jacket. Also have a couple of suede coats with fringe on the sleeves, and I have some on purses from years gone by and they are still in style; though I carry them very infrequently. One is green leather with small strips of fringe ... just gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

It figures. That 2nd boot from Sbicca (sound is the style) does not come in anything larger than a 10 M. I need an 11 W. *sad face*.
Super Contributor

Smile BTW, I love these Clarks boots with fringe, but the fringe is attached and not hanging loose.

Clarks Artisan Leather Ankle Boots w/ Fringe - Spye Celeste

Super Contributor

I like fringe ... and use/wear it liberally. Fits my style.

Let's see ... I have:

Red suede jacket that's fringed sleeves and front and across the back.

Black suede shin high boots with fringe down the front

Black menswear weight wool ruana that I made and added 6" silk fringe all around the edge. (It's my "dressy" wrap).

Countless numbers of scarves, stoles and wraps that I knitted and crocheted and fringed.

A sweater coat from Chico's that's fringed around the collar and down the front.

The TSV (black) recently and a gray one that I got last year.

I don't fringe any of the afghans and blankets that I knit and crochet ... takes too much yarn to fringe a large item like that. So - none of my afghans have fringe!

Respected Contributor

I like fringe to a point.
Honored Contributor

After seeing a recent photo of Ali here, I'm liking the Santa Fe look!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

i like the very first boot and the one that imaclotheshog posted, but otherwise it can be overdone.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh I like them I would wear them . I have a few things with fringe,a short suede jacket and a pair of boots. The boots are moc type but I don't wear them much because they hurt.