Honored Contributor

Re: Housedresses Replacing Sweats?

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Sorry, @Foxxee, you won't see me wear any of those.  I do wear cotton T-shirt "dresses" at home.

Like @cotton4me

@NYCLatinaMe 

I wouldn't wear them either.  

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

the downside of house dress wearing at home is it requires either regular shaving or waxing of the legs Woman LOL

dee

Lol I shave my legs daily or they itch like crazy. I have done so forever. Just that little stubble drives my nuts. 

Respected Contributor

Mother Hubbard called and wants her wardrobe back...

Give me something I can kneel down or bend over and work in. Skirts just have too much fabric that drags on the floor or garden bed and gets in the way. Reminds of the muumuus that were everywhere when I was a kid in SoCal. They flattered no one. I’ll stick with joggers and knit pants for around the house. 

Respected Contributor

I wear dresses fairly often when I work from home, but not like those dresses. I prefer a T-shirt dress or a sneaker dress.
Honored Contributor

its a no from me......i did not like any of those featured.

give me leggings, crops, wide leg lounge pants and a tank/camisole and i am at my most comfortable.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Never!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Numbers 1 and 14 are my favorites, along with beautiful #7.

But, I'm going back and take notes.  I might have missed recalling one or two options.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Adding numbers 10 and 13.

Dresses are probably more comfortable, especially during Summer months in warm areas.

I know a few who always wear long or tea length dresses.  Year around, and not in a particularly warm area.

They always seem so 'calm and collected' (peaceful).  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I like dresses, but I don't like the ones pictured at all. These are either too long, or I don't like the prints, shape, or style. I don't wear dresses around the house anyway.
I wear jeans or shorts with tees or sweaters depending on the weather. I own a few pairs of knit pants, but I think mine are nicer looking than "sweatpants". 

Honored Contributor

What a nostalgic post!  My mother loved house dresses and wore them often.  In fact there was  a store she shopped at that only sold house dresses as they were so popular.  This was back in the fifties, sixties era.  

The dresses shown in this post aren't the type or style house dresses my mother wore.  Also when women started to wear pants and it became the style for so many, my mother put away her house dresses and pants became her daily wear!!! She loved comfort.