Respected Contributor
My house is 10 years old with all the original paint colors. My formal dining room is red, my MBR is green ( a little more blue than sage), and the remainder is a gold toned cream. All my woodwork is white. I want to update my colors but I have no idea what is considered current. I've seen a lot of gray, but I'm not sure I'm a fan. What paint colors are you using in your fasionable homes?
Honored Contributor
IMO your home should be a reflection of you and what you love. I always have a main bathroom in blue. Through the years, I have changed the color of my walls many times in the other rooms. Currently my kitchen is a neutral green, gray, plum color. It changes color depending on the light. My DR is green. My LR is a cream with hint,of green tint. My master BR is burgundy. I am thinking about repainting my master. I haven't decided on a color yet. I have 2 nephews who just built houses. Their main living areas are colorful. Teal and purple seem to be popular.
Honored Contributor

My home is shades of browns/beige with with some and some greens. That's what suits me. I have dark floors and white trim and doors.

Go to the paint store or paint websites. There are hundreds of themes that you will find. Something will interest you.

Grays and greens are popular this year.

Respected Contributor
Are the golden colors that were very popular in 2005 completely dated now?
Honored Contributor
On 1/2/2015 AGV said: Are the golden colors that were very popular in 2005 completely dated now?

I hope not, I love those chamois shades.Smile

Honored Contributor

Your home should be what you love, IMO.

If those are the colors you like, it's easy to update with accessories, artwork, and things like that.

Respected Contributor
My home is two years old. Pale Oak on the walls, except my mbr is Seafoam. White trim. Cool neutrals. I went looking at model homes in Phoenix last weekend. I saw lots of grey (all shades pale to charcoal), black, white, light grey/blues, teals, espresso browns. I saw some creams, golds, warmer tones, but the majority was greys/blacks/blues.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I like my home to flow from room to room with colors that are in the same color range. Pick what you like. Personally, I do not like one room that is completely "out of range" and sticks out like a sore thumb. To each his own.

Super Contributor
I just had my living area painted. Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige. Depending on the light, or lack of, it goes from green to beige to almost white if the sun is shining directly on it. I love it.
Respected Contributor
2015 will be a trend back to white walls they are saying....I'm used to color now and don't think I will be going back to white any time soon. I love warm wall colors, such as olive and mocha tones.