Honored Contributor

Re: Helen Mirren at Berlin Film Festival

AMAZING!!!!  She could not look any more beautiful!!!!  The dress --- truly to die for --- my dream gown!  And her hair and makeup --- perfection!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Earlier in the day, Helen appeared in great spirits as she celebrated her Honorary Golden Bear and Homage award at a photocall at Germany's Grand Hyatt Hotel.

The Woman In Gold actress put on an animated display as she took to the red carpet in her favorite Radiohead blazer, emblazoned with a Union Jack flag and the words 'Karma Police' - the name of the band's 1997 hit single.

Standing tall: The media personality injected a touch of sophistication to her appearance with straight-leg trousers, a plain blouse and leather boots

All in the details: Her coat is emblazoned with a Union Jack flag and the words 'Karma Police' - the name of the band's 1997 hit single

Image result for helen mirren in radiohead blazer

Respected Contributor

Image result for helen mirren in radiohead blazer

Bold: The Woman In Gold actress put on an animated display as she took to the red carpet in her favourite Radiohead blazer

Look at it! She ensured attendees were treated to a glimpse of her quirky piece

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The dress reminds me of those dolls that were stuck in a cake or a cone of some sort.  It's nice except below the waist.

Yes!  I was thinking she looked like one of those figurines that spun around when we opened our pink jewelry boxes as little girls.  It was usually a ballerina, but the way that dress poofs out it would be perfect in one of those boxes!

I think she looks absolutely gorgeous, and love the dress...it's so different, but still classy and beautiful.

Respected Contributor

I think Helen looks fantastic in the sparkly dress. Her hair and makeup look beautiful, too.

I really love that she's not afraid to take risks with her fashion choices.

The Radiohead blazer looks so cool on her. I love her cheeky fashion sense!!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

In the first pic she has the duchess Kate clutch!  LOL!!!  Bag and the way she is holding it. 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Love it from the waist up!  I don't care for the full skirt and think it would have looked better with a slimmer cut.

@haddon9   I don't mind the cut of the skirt.  I am not fond of the Christmas lights but I think it is a sign of the Chinese times.  I think we buy so much from them and they have these ideas and incorporate them into everything we do.  After they have run out of ideas on how to entice us buying medicine, home decor, clothing, furniture, etc., what else is there left to do with all the Christmas lights but put them on our clothing, and what's worse, they do not allow the first six letters in Christmas but they sell billions of dollars of Christmas decor to us.

@Nonametoday I was wondering if that skirt had colored lights in it...it does look to be so but I'm wondering if perhaps it's the way the lights are hitting it?

From the description, they are "holographic gems," not lights.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon Yes. And what people are thinking could be lights are other lights shining on the holograms. This is obvious when you see the "lit up" parts on the sheer top part of the dress;its really just light reflection.
Valued Contributor

She deserves an Oscar for being so well-dressed and groomed. A lovely lady.
Honored Contributor

Both the evening look and the daytime look are absolutely gorgeous.