Respected Contributor

the Queen receiving at Buckingham Palace yesterday

the Queen held audiences at the palace with the Ambassador from El Salvador,Her Excellency Mrs Gilda Velasquez-Pas and the Ambassador from Angola, His Excellency General Geraldo Sachipengo Nunda and his wife.

always fascinating to see the different styles of national dress - it must make the Queen's life quite interesting.

Honored Contributor

Re: the Queen receiving at Buckingham Palace yesterday

@ms traditional wrote:

the Queen held audiences at the palace with the Ambassador from El Salvador,Her Excellency Mrs Gilda Velasquez-Pas and the Ambassador from Angola, His Excellency General Geraldo Sachipengo Nunda and his wife.

always fascinating to see the different styles of national dress - it must make the Queen's life quite interesting.

@ms traditional  I expect the Queen has traveled so many countries, has seen all matter of dress but enjoys seeing them as each country melds their traditional dress with a more contemporary form of its own tradition, she travels through time, something I wish we could all do, travel to exotic and foreign places and live a healthy life for 93 years traveling and seeing things as they were yesteryear and as they are today.  I think she has had a most interesting, valued and respected life, perhaps the most respected person in the world.  I am not excepting the pope either.  I think the queen has more respect from the world than this currernt pope.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday  she has seen and experienced quite a bit, hasn't she?  her diary/journal must be something, spanning so many years and encompassing so many interesting people.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Nonametoday  she has seen and experienced quite a bit, hasn't she?  her diary/journal must be something, spanning so many years and encompassing so many interesting people.

@ms traditional   I think the generations of the future will see that in a mini series. I think it would be great spanning her days as a military jeep driver in WWII to what is currently going on and who knows how much longer she will live and be cognizant of what is going on.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional 

Love the coral color of her dress....and, of course, seeing how happy everyone is to meet the Queen.

The grandeur of that room is stunning.  The history!

Always love the traditional clothing worn by visitors.

Respected Contributor

The Queen is doing her Mother (the woman that Adolf Hitler called "the most dangerous woman in Europe") proud. She never puts a foot wrong and has totally lived up to her promise to her people all those years ago. And a great dresser to boot....always lovely.

Honored Contributor

You have to admit the Queen is an Everready.  It's amazing how she keeps up with her itinerary.  She looks lovely.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have always admired Queen Elizabeth.  She seems a woman of much fortitude, graciousness, and faith.  She  has been a great credit to her people and the world.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  she not only looks lovely - she looks interested, animated and gracious.  she is something else!

Respected Contributor

Her sense of duty and loyalty are so very admirable.

She is a true patriot. What an excellent example to emulate, a true inspiration.