Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Shopped At Nordstrom Rack???

@ECBG Nordstrom is a fine first quality department store, and Nordstrom Rack is a discount store with the odd lots that they didn't sell in their stores and just want to move out at good discounted prices.  So Nordstrom Rack is hit or miss, you don't know what you are going to get.  You help yourself to the shoes on the racks, as opposed to having someone bring you your size from the back to try on.

Respected Contributor

I have a Nordstrom Rack ten minutes away from a Nordstrom store. The most interesting things for me are their accessories. Clothing is very limited. I'm suspect of the quality of the cosmetics and skin care or hair items. 

I would much rather spend time in that shopping center at the Marshall's.

And if looking for a deal from Nordstrom I'd rather just go through the clearance rack at Nordstrom.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I've been shopping at Nordstrom.  I really wish they had come here with us being the gateway to the mountains!

How does Nordstrom Rack differ from Nordstrom if you have seen it first hand, I would appreciate knowing.

I have a Dillards here, and a large Dillards clearence center.  I would imagine they are the same, but, of course, no way to know.

Many thanks.

Hi. I've been there once and quite frankly that was enough. Everything was so picked over I couldn't wait to leave. JMO

Respected Contributor

I have shopped at Nordstrom Rack, but not impressed.  I've never found a good deal.

Much prefer shopping at Nordstrom.  

Respected Contributor

We have one about 15 minutes from my house, right across the street from a Nordstrom.  I've been there a few times.  Every time I go, it is very crowded.  One time you couldn't even get near a dressing room.  Of course this was all pre-pandemic.  They do have a HUGE shoe department.  But, it is not on my list of have to stop in stores.

Respected Contributor

the nordstrom rack near me is a nice, clean and well organized store.  i've been in there dozens of times, but the only items i ever walk out with would be a handbag now and then.  (good deals on kipling).  i have recently shopped their online store and guess what?  a handbag.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I've been in the Rack but I find it very clutterd and claustrophobic.  There is a Nordstrom's across the street from me but have to admit I've never bought anything there either.  Guess I'm not of fan of either one!

Esteemed Contributor

Back in the dark ages, this was a wonderful place.  So were places like Chico's and Coach.

Now all the so called outlets mainly deal in off brands and lower quality items.  Not worth the effort.

North Face used to be one of the true ones left.

Honored Contributor

My Nordstrom Rack is clean, neat, & organized. I’ve bought CK sheath dresses there and most recently a pair of Coach loafers. Very happy with my purchases.