Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., Feb 3rd)

[ Edited ]

I haven't started a thread in a long time so Good Morning all Woman Happy

I re-organized the shelf in the entrance hall closet and ended up only pitching one lightweight scarf that was snagged up.  It looks so much nicer to see hats, gloves, scarves etc in small piles next to each other versus the hot mess that was there before.  

I browse JCP a couple of times a week to check out new tall ladies fashion.  Now that they have a new owner I wonder if their selection of talls will be as extensive as it's been the last 40 years (gulp) that I've been shopping with them.

I'm seeing new arrivals that are not being offered in tall sizes.  Coincidence or business decision?  The standard misses and plus sizes are there and I haven't checked to see if petites are being offered.

I don't know if orders were interrupted because of the pandemic, the bankruptcy they went through or what.  I guess time will tell.

The skies are blue and the sun is shining here for the second day in a row.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Weds., Feb 3rd)

Well.... I just checked JCP and they have 1,074 items available in petite sizes and 258 items available in talls.  Hmmm, tall ladies always get stiffed Woman Mad  Looks like I'm going to have to sign into facebook and pose the question to JCP about the future of tall ladies clothing.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. It will be interesting to see what lies ahead in availability of sizes. I used to be a regular but have shrunk to a petite. In my size, petites are hard to find. I would love to be tall but would settle for my former height. Good job on the organizing; decisions are easier and things easier to find when stored under a method that makes sense.

It is a beautiful sunny day here but very cold. I will take that instead of the snow. I see Monday may be a snow day depending upon how the front tracks. That is the day I am supposed to see the cardiologist for the surgery clearance exam. It is being done so far ahead, I'm sure there will be a make up day available if I don't want to venture out in Mother Nature's Dandruff.  I am looking at several handbags and trying to decide if some should go since I'm not a big handbag switcher unless traveling--a thing likely in the past. I am scheduled for the follow up Moderna vaccination this Friday. Hopefully, the snow will not interfere. I assume you have noted I don't like snow.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We have more snow and colder temps but sunny. Last night it was snowing with some blasts of high winds. It looked like a scene from the Weather Channel. The township was out early today to make a pass down these side roads. Our snowblowing efforts in the mid afternoon seems to have been a benefit to us. At least we were keeping pace with what was down on the ground and what was on it's way. 

Gem Day is a favorite of mine. I can window shop like crazy. Some people it's shoes, etc. I can spot something shiny from a mile away yet can't read a coupon. LOL  It will be a nice diversion between gathering receipts for the taxes. UGH!!!

Our DIL is happy to have our crock pot and grill. That frees up another drawer in the other cabinet for the smaller pots and skillets and lids. I don't want to have another broken hinge situation. I was concerned about the weight. I don't know what the limit is to a drawer but I did notice a difference. I'd rather be overly cautious and avoid another repair project.

We are now having the same tire issue with the other tire. The garage was to check both tires but it appears that didn't occur. We'll need to make another appointment. The hubby has added two more items on the list of purchases for this year. It's been awhile since we've replaced quite a few things. We'll have to edit our list and start one for 2022. I'm so preoccupied with taxes that I'm numb to this list. That's a good thing.

The  forecast is for scattered snow storms and some bitter cold temps in our area for the next 5-7 days. It does appear that we are finally having a "real" winter which will benefit us in the spring. It should lessen all the allergies. Fingers crossed.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry to hear that the JCP tall sizes seem to be in short supply these days.  I have never been tall, but sometimes have been able to fit regular.  Like Jean, I have shrunk with time (and bone density issues), so petite works much better for me now.

It is interesting how much better closets/drawers look when things are organized.  I did that with my food storage containers, and I smile every time I bring down the basket.  No longer have containers flying down on my head.  

Glad you are having sunny weather today.  We are as well.  Yesterday was very grey, and it affected me a bit.  I understand that our area is among the top ten in the U.S. as far as sunny days go.  That suits me.

Hi Jean.  Hope that you don't get more snow and cold weather since I know you don't enjoy it.  Like you, I don't do a lot of handbag changing, and I donated several in recent months.  Hope you are able to get your second vaccine on Friday.  I keep reading that more vaccine will be coming to my area, but they are still confining it to people slightly older than me.  Oh well....

Glad you are happy with your snowy, cold weather, Fressa.  Hope you enjoy "window shopping" during gem day.  I am not in the market or particularly interested in gems, but I was surprised at the price for the TSV.  Many years ago I bought a beautiful mult-stone tennis bracelet in 14K, and I think the price was lower than this one in sterling silver.  But, I know prices are much higher these days.  Good luck with the tire, and glad your DIl likes your "donations".

Speaking of which, the Vietnam Vets never picked up my donations yesterday.  Apparently, they went to the next street over, and perhaps had filled the truck.  Glad I didn't put out as many bags this time since I just had to bring them back to the Arizona room.

I had an interesting OLLI class this morning (about Buddhism), and I have been doing a little cooking.  This afternoon, I will pick up a book that I had on hold at the library.  You can't go inside, but they will bring books to the car or you can pick them up outside the library (that is my plan).  I got everything on my Walmart order yesterday, which was great.  Also, I got my Bath and Body Works order (hand soaps) very quickly.  I still had a couple bottles of soap, but I feared running out.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays safe and has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. A new mattress (and bed) and a recliner are on my dream list, Jean.  Hope you find some you like.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi to all of you.  I am in between doing batches of laundry on this nice sunny day.

My dh's brain scan yesterday was normal,  which is a relief.  We got there early, so my DH asked if there was a place for me to stay warm other than in the parking garage.  They said that they had a complimentary shuttle to the Best Western just a block away.  I was dressed in layers, so I was so happy to be able to use the nearby bathroom to shed a few layers of clothing.  It was a very nice clean waiting room which I was so thankful for.  One other lady joined me as her Dad was having surgery and they spent the night there.

Our Ground Hog Day drive thru carryout dinner turned into a drive thru carryout lunch at KFC.  We went into JCP for the first time in 11 months.  We almost forgot how to shop.  I was looking for slippers.  Didn't have what I was looking for.

It's supposed to be rain, freezing rain & then turning to snow starting tomorrow morning.  Yuck!  Then a week of bitter cold temps.  This is our first cold blast in a couple of years.

We are getting ready to head to the gym & then do our usual Thursday morning grocery shopping day.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Very happy to hear of your DH's results, and that you were able to wait in a nice place, Glenda.