Honored Contributor

Have You Shopped At Nordstrom Rack???

I've been shopping at Nordstrom.  I really wish they had come here with us being the gateway to the mountains!

How does Nordstrom Rack differ from Nordstrom if you have seen it first hand, I would appreciate knowing.

I have a Dillards here, and a large Dillards clearence center.  I would imagine they are the same, but, of course, no way to know.

Many thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Have You Shopped At Nordstrom Rack???

Nordstrom Rack is set up a lot more like a TJ Maxx (although better organized and stocked) than a regular Nordstrom.

Their shoe section is really fun because they have all their shoes out (just one for each pair, you have to have a clerk get the matching one in the back) and they are shoes sold in their regular stores. I wear an unusual size and have found some great deals.

Their clothing is a mix of things that were in their regular stores and a lot of items (cheaper quality, no-name brands) that are made just for the Rack stores. I've never been impressed much with the clothing I have found there.

I do love their online site,  I have gotten great deals on shoes.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Love Nordstrom Rack...got some great buys there.  Also love purchasing on the Rack at their website called "Haute Look." Go to Haute Look and see for yourself.  Easy to return purchases as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yrs ago went to one several times that  was located in a big suburban area. Alot of merchandise . You have to rummage through the items . Found some nice expensive blue jeans and had them altered  through their alteration dept. The discounts were  nice rather than  regular price. Seems to me that I remember they had items on sale from time to time .

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought a couple of Frye purses from Nordstrom Rack online and they were fine. I have a Nordstrom Rack near me and the only thing I've ever bought is Ugg Slippers at a good price. I've never found any clothes I like because they seem to be more geared to teens and young adults. 

Honored Contributor

Some are definitely better than others. Mine has a lot of great shoes. Not much else. It is neat and clean.

Honored Contributor

Yes - I have one within walking distance and another one just across town.

I don't usually have the Rack as a destination - it's someplace that I stop in when I'm in the neighborhood.

Great place for accessories, shoes, tights, found some really nice tops last time I was there. 

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom Rack has been in our area for years; I shopped there a lot when I was working...love their shoes. Also bought DH's ties their since they sell extra long neckties. I still find cute clothes for the grand girls but now the women's clothing is not the same quality as what you find in Nordstroms. I do buy a lot of Philosophy bath gel there; they usually have quite a selection of it at very good prices. Also like their jewelry. I would not compare it to the Dillards clearance center; I went in that one time and it looked like a tornado had blown through. A real mess. Nordstrom Rack is very large and open and well-organized. It looks like a large Steinmart to me....but I would definitely check it out if you have not been to one in person.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go there occasionally but I prefer to shop their website. It's just easier that way. I put in the lines that I like in the search engine and see what's available at the moment. It's a great place to pick up your expensive jeans because they're always around half the regular price! You get free shipping after around $99

The fit predictor is a cool feature! If it was there before I didn't notice it

Honored Contributor

74A55BA7-D647-4D2A-8E07-4B26632C1695.jpegRegularly $158 on sale for $59.98 (Joe's)

A5CD6B5E-A90B-40B3-896A-CAC02D6EEBD9.jpegRegularly $195 on sale for $69.97 (Hudson)

Good prices on the NYDJ jeans too as well as many others