Valued Contributor

i looked at some of the items last night and saw a sweater I liked that, surprisingly was less expensive than other similar styles I've seen at QVC. I went to measurements the "click here" garment sizes and; I went woah....what's up here? Are these the puzzling garment folded measurements? No, I don't think so. Are they cm's instead of inches? I'm not sure. 

If anyone out there has looked at the collection and specifically the measurements, I would love your opinion! All the designers having a bridge line at QVC is a good thing. I just hope the traditional lines don't go up anymore in prices. They have crept up little by little and there aren't many bargains here anymore. When the very good department stores are less with sales...I get confused with more than just measurements!

Honored Contributor

I just previewed the line and since I wasn't impressed and  it's so pricey I didn't check out the sizing.. No there are very few bargins at the Q any more, like I've said before I continue to shop here because it's convenient.

Honored Contributor

I looked at the sizes and the prices and did not find I thought they were much different than I expected them to be.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember HALSTON from the 1970's and how he was a hot designer.  He made clothing for the ladies of influence and run way type models.  It was the age of less is more and you had to be thin.  I liked that about the 70's. 

I just can't imagine him ever designing for the XL on up.  He wouldn't have done it.  Whomever bought his name/co. is doing the production of clothing for the masses and it just won't ever be the same.  It's unfortunate he's passed on but I wonder if he would have even considered selling on the Q were he alive today. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla  posted this thread a while ago...might be helpful for you...

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Halston-Early-Reviews/m-p/2090478#U2090478

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

To the OP, yes, "Anyone" has.  Do read the thread MacDuff was kind enough to post for you.

Occasional Contributor

Actually Halston had several RTW lines  and he did design for larger ladies....Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Minelli often wore his clothes at the peak of their weight issues.....

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@ShopBunny wrote:

Actually Halston had several RTW lines  and he did design for larger ladies....Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Minelli often wore his clothes at the peak of their weight issues.....

And Elizabeth Taylor and Liza were/are celebs, not the ordinary working class.  They could ask for a design or two and he'd transform it into their style for their body types and ages.  The masses are not celebs. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Wow, that last time I heard of Halston was in the 80s.  I haven't seen their inventory but hope they do well.