Valued Contributor

Halston's belts are affordable .... otherwise, nothing else wow'd me.   At least the Q is introducing new merchandise!

Trusted Contributor

@mercyMe

Same here.  Did pick up the belt in black...

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up a few more pieces from this line including the faux leather belt (which is the upsell to the upcoming TSV cardigan). All in all (5 pieces in hand) I think this line is very nice, fabrics are good, something for everyone, trendy pieces as well as classics. The TSV is going to sell very well, guaranteed.

BELT

I ordered this in grey, M/L. My waist is 29" but I went up to the M/L because I wanted lots of extra length so I could wear this over a bulky sweater if wanted. While it's not going to fool anyone into thinking it's genuine leather, the quality is very good. Soft, pliable, can be tied into a knot, and the end caps are nice and heavy, not tinny. I will consider a second color. 

a272192.jpg

SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN

While I love the style of this (soft, cuddly, looks more expensive than it is), I do worry about pilling. Some reviewers noted shedding. I've not worn mine other than a try on, but I can see where that could happen. I ordered "bone" and it's the color of a neutral Irish knit sweater, if you know what that means. I felt it ran big (I ordered the SM) and if I were to get a second color I would size down. 

a258307_ja0.jpg

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I got a lot!  A very soft, long sweater (I received this today) is just georgous  and feels incredible. A light pink. It's long, but I look fine it it at 5'4"  Today I ordered the Cowl neck top in grey and another top in dark pink. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Halston.....Anyone?

[ Edited ]

I ordered the scoopneck top in black thanks to gardensla's review.  Got it, loved it and went back for the gray.  I'm enjoying the show tonight.

Edited to say that I also picked up the Pullover Sweater Tunic in Fog Blue.

Trusted Contributor

What a class act Cameron Silver is!   He is so knowledgable, professional, yet down to earth.    You can hear his fashion background in his conversation.    And he wears clothes that reflect his style and class.   He elevates Shawn.    I could go on but I would be zapped.

Trusted Contributor

This is not the Halston that you remember.  This line at QVC has nothing to do with the high end Halston.  This is a line owned by the inventment company "XCel Brands" who bought Isaac's line, Judith Ripka, Laura Geller and they have a 40% intrest in LCNY.  They using their own designers and manufacturers.  Your buying the name but it nothing to do with the couture Halston.  if Halston were alive, he would never have a line on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@NYwoman I agree with you 100%!

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I remember HALSTON from the 1970's and how he was a hot designer.  He made clothing for the ladies of influence and run way type models.  It was the age of less is more and you had to be thin.  I liked that about the 70's. 

I just can't imagine him ever designing for the XL on up.  He wouldn't have done it.  Whomever bought his name/co. is doing the production of clothing for the masses and it just won't ever be the same.  It's unfortunate he's passed on but I wonder if he would have even considered selling on the Q were he alive today. 

If you remember Halston, then you must remember that he did a licensing deal with JCPenney's in 1983 and sold Halston Clothing, Accessories and Perfume there!  I guess that answers your question about what he would do---he already did! The deal damaged his reputation and was a disaster!  I saw a documentary about it last year.  His high end clients dropped him as well as high end retailers. He lost the use of his name---tried to buy it back, but failed. He died in 1990.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

What a class act Cameron Silver is!   He is so knowledgable, professional, yet down to earth.    You can hear his fashion background in his conversation.    And he wears clothes that reflect his style and class.   He elevates Shawn.    I could go on but I would be zapped.

I agree.  I think the line is lovely as well.  Very simple and Classic.  I do like Shawn but last night she kept asking him to share stories about famous people.  She acted like a teenager; I would like to see a more sophisticated host present with him.