Regular Contributor
On 3/22/2015 mac116 said:
On 3/16/2015 luvingit said: How did she get this spot? How did she get her own jewelry line? How did she get so many weekly spots. I refuse to believe she is a top seller like Lisa. If the forum is a sample of the rest of the viewers, many do not watch her. I have to wonder, I don't remember people turning off the TV on Lisa. They might not have liked her, but they still watched. It makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes. I bet some of the older and experienced hosts are miffed. Don't know for sure, but do wonder....
I need to chime in here. I DID turn off the TV a lot when Lisa was on!! And as far as I remember from various forums, I was not alone. Her pitch was so look repetitious...Madison Ave, old money, Hamptons, amazing, amazing, amazing!! Surely you remember that ! As they sing in Frozen..."Let it go, let it go"

Lisa has over 102,000 likes on her new Facebook page ...

How does that compare to the other QVC hosts?

Honored Contributor

I never watched SK much before, since I don't enjoy her style of hosting. However, when I tried to watch the Friday show with Isaac (since I do enjoy some of his clothes), and she had to admit that she embellished the content of the insoles of the shoes they were showing, that just showed her true lack of honesty.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Contributor

I prefer to look at everything on-line and then play the Product Videos if I'm interested. I love Shawn and Isaac and can stand anyone except Albany. Inspired Style is a disappointment. Few clothes are shown, there seems to be a lot of filler products (bras, beauty). I wish they had put PMStyle on from 7-9 pm EST, then Isaac and Shawn from 9-10 pm, Inspired Style 10-11 pm and Lori Goldstein at 11 pm to midnight. I didn't care for the old PMStyle and very seldom watched. The host Lisa always wore only black and boot-cut jeans. It wasn't very stylish to me.

Respected Contributor

Lisa was very good at her job. Shawn may grow into the PM Style job after she relaxes. Shawn must post good sales numbers otherwise she would not have received the opportunity. I am no longer young, but I think the clothing for Jayne and Pat on Friday night is totally dowdy and boring. I used to like Lisa R's more upscale stuff on the Lisa Robertson Show. Now that Lisa is gone I now appreciate how really good she was at her job. I am sure QVC does also.

Super Contributor

Lisa R was a very good host & excellent at what she did and probably made huge sales for the Q......but things change & I think it'll take time for the new shows to settle in and find their audience......or maybe change to fit their audience......gotta move on & not live in the past the way shows or hosts used to be imho......

Regular Contributor
On 3/23/2015 culebra said:

Lisa was very good at her job. Shawn may grow into the PM Style job after she relaxes. Shawn must post good sales numbers otherwise she would not have received the opportunity. I am no longer young, but I think the clothing for Jayne and Pat on Friday night is totally dowdy and boring. I used to like Lisa R's more upscale stuff on the Lisa Robertson Show. Now that Lisa is gone I now appreciate how really good she was at her job. I am sure QVC does also.

Well said! Just made a similar comment on another thread.... I was hoping that perhaps Sandra would host PM style as her style, beauty and delivery seemed to be the best match for Lisa but sadly I rarely see Sandra so I find myself watching less and less. And along with watching less my purchasing is declining as well. I do think Amy will develop into a good host but the current format leaves me feeling irritated and just doesn't work for me.
Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2015 K9buddy said: I just heard Shawn say that she doesn't wear pants or jeans or skirts but mostly wears dresses. Near as I can tell, it's only recently that she's started to wear dresses. For the longest time she only wore leggings with layers of logo and boots. She always mentions that she's into comfort clothing. What is anybody supposed to believe?

Well, we do know she mostly likes strapless (in a few cases spaghetti straps) for almost every picture.{#emotions_dlg.scared} I guess you can't get the other items in "strapless!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Back in the day, PM Style offered high quality clothing at very reasonable prices. PM Style content has been falling farther and farther from where they started years ago. Styles and clothing quality don't appeal and prices are high for what they present. I think that is where the market has moved. Prices continue to increase everywhere. I think they need to change the name of the show as it bears no resemblance to the original PM Style. How about Monday Style with Shawn or whatever. Calling it PM Style based on what the original show offered is pretty ludicrous. Maybe none of the current QVC team understand what PM Style was back in the day. I know that it is difficult to duplicate the show these days. That is why I suggest a change of name that will more accurately depict what is offered.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Trusted Contributor

Well, since I don't have a TV, I never watch but I was in the habit of looking through the list of what was on air--it looks like they have less interesting stuff than they used to.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Contributor

Sometimes I wonder if the hosts' just get carried away when selling. And they dont even realize what comes out of their mouths. As for Shawn this is not her first inconsistency and probably wont be her last. I watch for the clothing, not the host.