Respected Contributor

Hello, Moderators !!!   Maybe you can help us out with this.  So many of us love George and collect his clothing.  We'll be devastated if QVC ends the relationship.  Not that we have any reason to think that.  But the rumors will fly and get wilder and wilder until we know something for sure.  So, Moderators.  Can you tell us when George will have another QVC show?

Contributor

I for one have purchased a lot of George Simonton and would hate to see him not on the Q.  I don't understand how they can keep someone like SG and let George go.  At least his clothes don't all look the same, just a different color.   We want George back!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

whats crazier is that they keep Lori Goldstein!  George better not be leaving, I love his clothing and all the knowledge he has and shares with us.  We Ladies that love George need to form a group and let the powers that be know how we feel just like the Linea ladies did.  Remember it's always better in numbers. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

whats crazier is that they keep Lori Goldstein!  George better not be leaving, I love his clothing and all the knowledge he has and shares with us.  We Ladies that love George need to form a group and let the powers that be know how we feel just like the Linea ladies did.  Remember it's always better in numbers. 

George was GREAT until they forced him into milky knits and cold-shoulder tops and liquid knits.  His jackets were fabulous.  I think the Q dumped him.  I still own 8 of his jackets.  I haven't bought in years as he was delegated to make poly, cheap-looking tops.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I don't know about George's sales..But in regards to Susan Graver & Lori Goldstein..are you people kidding me..They Bring in BIG $$$$.

Occasional Contributor

That sounds great, and I hope that is true, but with nothing new, and existing stock on clearance, make me a little skeptical about a vacation.   Plus, I do not see his well-known winter coats available this season.

Occasional Contributor

That sounds great, and I hope that is true, but with nothing new, and existing stock on clearance, make me a little skeptical about a vacation.   Plus, I do not see his well-known winter coats available this season.

Esteemed Contributor

George teaches and maybe he just is not designing any longer.  He isn't really prolific and his design team, is much smaller I imagine compared to say, IM.  People do retire and his recent contributions were nothing really new.  I am sure, as someone posted, SG and Lori have the sales.  Supply and demand.  But, there is the possibility he took a long trip, was ill or just retired.  Maybe he just did not want to be affiliated with QVC any longer; it may have been his choice. 

Honored Contributor

there is a GEORGE SIMONTON FAN CLUB on facebook (1400+ likes). the person running that page (with george simontons knowledge) has encouraged members to send letters to QVC corporate......that makes me think that they have let him go OR are thinking about letting him go. you may want to check that page out if you are on facebook.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

I am truly sorry to see George Simonton gone from QVC.  I live in his slacks!  Has QVC made an official statement?