Contributor

I do not see George Simonton anywhere listed on September's program guide...Is he still with us?

Esteemed Contributor

Now that you mention it I haven't seen George since they did spring previews back in late winter.  Hopefully he just took a long break and has not been ill this summer.  Of course there's always the possibility that he's being eased out of QVC.  Not to compare apples to oranges, but it seems like Bob Mackie is getting more air time again, and Louis Del Olio has been given more air time this year while SImonton has had much less.  

Occasional Contributor

I see a clearance show on August 28. I ordered and loved a pair of the crystal knit pants and a cardi and tank set last spring. I hope he is just working on a great fall line. The quality of his clothing is top notch.

loveyourself
Valued Contributor

He actually had quite a few shows over the summer, just not very recently (August).  You can follow him on FB he always posts about the upcoming shows.

New Contributor

Today was a 2 hour show of clearance items. Wonder if George is not returning.

Contributor

Re: George Simonton

[ Edited ]

Those of us who know good fashion and clothing construction, are very concerned that George Simonton's line is being phased out.   If you look online, you'll notice that just about everything is on Clearance.  In addition, there is nothing NEW listed with his clothing line.   This should sound the first alarm.  Then, the fact that George was not there for a two hour show this AM should be of concern to all of us.   He'd never miss the opportunity to showcase his designs for two hours.   So, what are we going to be subjected to?  More fly-by-night clothing lines endorsed by celebrities who come on strong and then disappear after a few shows?   Come on, QVC, work with George and give us ladies some clothing constructed by a pro.   Let's chime in, ladies.   Our George is disappearing right before our eyes.   Who out there cares?

Occasional Contributor

I care a lot! I have been very worried that George was leaving the Q and that really would upset me no end. I don;t know what major department stores carry his line(s) so I would love to be enlightened. Of all designers, his clothes fit me so well and are quality pieces, I feel better than anyone else. I still like Bob Mackie for some pieces but without George, I will have to look elsewhere. If anyone knows, please share!

Respected Contributor

They said he was on vacation. I'm sure he will be back.

Honored Contributor

@carriecal wrote:

I don;t know what major department stores carry his line(s) so I would love to be enlightened.  If anyone knows, please share!

@carriecal

He was at Nordies and Lord & Taylor. If I recall, he does mostly outerwear for them, so now there aren't any pieces at Nordies, and L & T has two items- both are outerwear.

Respected Contributor

I certainly hope he isn't being "phased out"!  I have a small number of his clothes, but agree they are made beautifully and fit me so well.  His are the only pants on QVC that fit me to perfection.  Just wish he could do more than the knits or the large scale prints, animal prints, etc. in so many of his options for us. 

What I do have I wear often, and just ordered another pair of pants on clearance.