Trusted Contributor

George is the best.

Contributor

Let's not assume things will be the same.  You know what ASSUME makes out of you and me!    QVC, we want access to George Simonton.  Where are his fashions going?   Do we loyal customers deserve to know?  

Trusted Contributor

Well remember what happened when they wanted to phase out Louis del'Ollio?  Everyone protested and wrote in and now he's on more than he was before.  I think maybe all lovers of George and his designs, including myself, should be notifying  corporate that we don't want him gone.  I watched the show early this morning and the host said George was watching from home.  That's not like him unless he's not feeling well, which I hope is not the case.  

QVC......WE WOMEN WANT AND NEED TRUE DESIGNERS LIKE GEORGE, NOT JUST CELEBRITIES WHO STICK THEIR NAMES ON CLOTHING OR DESIGNERS WHO ONLY BRING FAD CLOTHING, WHICH WILL,PROBABLY NOT BE IN STYLE NEXT YEAR..  IF GEORGE IS PHASED OUT, I THINK YOU WILL BE LOSING MANY CUSTOMERS.  I, FOR ONE, AM TIRED OF ALL THESE FAD DESIGNERS WITH RIDICULOUS PRICES.  NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BUY ALL THESE SHARKBITE HEM CLOTHING AND PIECES THAT ARE LAYERED AND LAYERED WITH DIFFERENT PRINTS AND RUFFLES THAT MAKE YOUR HIPS AND REAR LOOK HUGE, WHICH DESIGNS ARE CONSTANTLY BEING PRESENTED.  HOW OFTEN IS GEORGE ON AND WHEN HE IS ITS USUALLY ON OFF HOURS.  WHY?  WE DONT NEED TO SEE THE SAME PROGRAMS WITH THE SAME STYLES CONSTANTLY.  I LOVE CLASSIC CLOTHES AND I LOVE GEORGE WHO IS A TRUE GREAT DESIGNER AND A WONDERFUL GENTLEMAN.  I WILL DEFINITELY BE CALLING AND WRITING TO CORPORATE AND HOPE ALL YOU OTHER WOMEN WHO LOVE GEORGE'S DESIGNS WILL DO THE SAME.

Respected Contributor

I'm a latecomer to the Simonton fan club. But if QVC is easing him out, I am ANGRY. His styles really work for me.

I agree that the trashy fly-by-night lines should never get air time.

Honored Contributor

insomniac wrote:

. But if QVC is easing him out, 

Are you certain?  Have you read anything official about that.?

Esteemed Contributor

I seriously don't think our George is going anywhere. George has his following as does Louis on Linea. George is a real sweetheart. He does lovely fashion and has the patient, informant way of the professor he is.

Contributor

I've voiced my opinion before on this.   Let's not assume George is going to stay with us.   QVC, we ladies missed George on fall fashion fling today.    The writing is on the wall and I am saddened.  

Occasional Contributor

GA, I agree with you. I cannot recall when George was last on but it has been some time and just too long an absence to ignore. I have been buying many of his pieces on sale and know some have had more than one price adjustment (the Q wil give you the lowest price in 30 days). The writing is very clearly on the wall and I also am deeply saddened. When I see "newer" lines we have to choose from, I want to laugh as they are such a joke. All they need to do it have a name the public knows and stick it on a clothing line. I am disabled and it is not easy for me to get out shopping since I need to use a scooter to get around. My scooter tires are going to have a lot more miles on them in the future. Other than Bob Mackie, Louis and very few Denim and Co pieces, I am off to the malls. Although I have not posted, I have been buying from QVC since way back when they sold toasters and the like and the hosts packed them up <g>.

Trusted Contributor

It would be a crying shame if QVC lets George Simonton goes.  I am an infrequent customerof his as his cut is not the best for me, but I certainly recognize the quality and calibre of his work.  And such a kind and gentle man!

He certainly has his following.  And should QVC try to dump him, I hope that his fans will rise up and protest mightily as we Linea Ladies did!  You could probably get quite a few of us to sign on to your effort.

Contributor

Simonton Says QVC is not responding to us about our designer George!   Do we not deserve to have an experienced designer making fashions accessible to us?   Let's hear it, ladies, for getting George back on the air!