Frequent Contributor

First time to return,.. any advice?

I bought 2 of the Barefoot Dreams err,.. cloaks? .. anyhow,.. sobs - as much as I love them,.. I am swimming in them,.. got the mediums, and, they hang below my knees  O.o..I have never returned to qvc b4, so, Im asking - if I return them, will I be able to get a better size?.. will I have to renew my 4 easy pay, or, will I be unable for that?

I love the product, but, I look like a bag lady in it,.. I want the easy pay still tho.. anyhow,.. just trying to question how these returns go I suppose.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: First time to return,.. any advice?

Personally I have had absolutely.0% success with trying to return and exchange for a different size or color.  EVery time I have tried it they simply credit me with the return and I end up having to re-order the item.  YEs, the color or size I was trying to exchange for was in stock.  THey just ignored my exchange request.  Too lazy or poorly trained to do what I requested I guess.

If you do,have to re-order you will lose your original EZ pays unless of course a new EZ pay offer is in place when you place your re-order.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Kathy,.. that was what I guessed, I appreciate your reply  <3

Regular Contributor

Hi 

I just sent back an item as an Exchange..

Xs for an XXS.

Knowing that the return department sometimes does not read the 

back of the return tag, what I did was to fill out the tag marking Exchange for

the new size and in addition, on a separate 8x10 piece of paper write wrote really big...

Please Exchange for the new size. I attached the return tag to the piece of paper

and then attached that to the garment.

I just sent that a couple of days ago so we shall see. 

Also, if you get your exchange, you should NOT receive any return fees or return

shipping fees. And you should still get your easy pay.

If for some reason you do get fees and not your easy pay just call Customer Service

and they will be able to fix those issues. 

Honored Contributor

Why not call customer service if you find that they only refunded you rather than exchnged the item so you don't lose your ez pays?  It usually works and most of the time they are very helpful.

Trusted Contributor

First, call CS, & tell them what you want.  If you want the same thing, only a different size or color, you will get the easy pay.  A different style may depend on the current offer.  You must call so that what you want is noted on your order.

Trusted Contributor

I sent a Dennis Basso jacket back to exchange for a smaller size. Filled out the label correctly.

It was received by QVC and I got an email that confirmed my exchange. I went online to check the order status and I had been given a refund for the jacket and the exchange had been cancelled!?!

I called CS and she told me that there is a huge glitch in the new exchange system. She said that when the exchanges go through and begin processing the system is automatically cancelling them.

Ok QVC...let's not implement this great new policy until you can actually get it correct. Fix the mistakes please!

So, if you exchange and find it didn't go through, call CS. The rep. handled my problem great. But if I hadn't checked my account and caught it early my size might have been gone.

Respected Contributor

I recently did an exchange of the Clark's TSV boots. I filled out the return paper and sent the box back using their return tag. I received an e-mail about 6 days later saying they received my package for exchange. A few days later I received another e-mail that my exchange has been sent and I see that it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I bought the TSV boots on easy pay and nothing has changed in that regard. So far so good. 

Frequent Contributor

thank you all who replied! I will call CS, and see how that goes,.. absolutely love the Barefoot brand, but,... lordy be - they do allow for generous sizes! Thats a good thing tho, rather things be a bit larger, then smaller

Esteemed Contributor

All of this is really good advice.   However I feel it is actually the luck of the draw.    Depends who processes your return/exchange...........Some people in the returns dept are just not doing their job properly and it is upsetting a lot of the customer base.

Good Luck!