Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sept 25th, Monday

Hello shopping friends.  Despite the mid-80's temperature, it is fall and I decided to carry my new wine color Oryany bag to work today.  I put leather conditioner on it and the color deepened a little.  It's just the color I wanted.

I don't know if I didn't sleep well last night because I tried to go to bed too early and wasn't really tired or if I was dreading the workday.  Maybe a little of both, lol.

I was busy today and it was productive so in the end I'm satisfied.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sept 25th, Monday

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I just got home from work and saw that it had not been started but you beat me and that is just fine. Enjoy your new bag

You asked about the shoes I ordered as a OTO. A284120. I got them in grey at the price of $64.48. The current price is $109. If they fit well, then I consider that a good buy. I also think the eBates rebate for QVC was 10% when I ordered them.

It was 92 degrees when I came home from work.. This is my idea of Fall but I know it won't last long. The trees are shedding their leaves earlier than usual and the leaves are not showing their usual vivid colors.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is a hot 91° today, but will be in the 60's with rain by Wednesday.  Can't wait.  Enjoy your new bag.  My day has been unproductive. I have had a headache most of the day.  I need a good night's sleep tonight.

Jean, I hope that your new shoes fit.  I can't wait to wear my new grey boots.

Christopher got home from the hospital last night.  He is trying to get used to life on crutches. He is on extra strength meds & he can't go back to school before Thursday.  His team lost their soccer game on Friday night, but his team mates came to the hospital yesterday to see him, which was nice of them since it was a 2 hour drive.

He likes school & is a good student.  He emailed all of his teachers this morning & asked them to keep him updated on what he can do on the internet.  We hope to see him on Friday.

Our dd is busy trying to figure out how to make school doable.  Let's just say this is a bump in the road & school just started.

My DH took the Subaru to the body shop this afternoon.  Our fix it lady is wonderful.  Because of the humidity, she wanted to start a day earlier because the paint is taking longer to dry.  We get it back on Wednesday.

It is a good thing that we have mopeds.  

DH is doing pork chops on the grill & I have an acorn squash in the oven.  The A/C is on again.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Sorry about Christopher. Our school provides parents with copies of the word being done in class for students who are homebound for various lengths of time. If it is a very lengthy time, then a teacher comes to the home once a week minimum to monitor the work.  I am sorry that you have a headache. Hopefully, it will soon disappear.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Another hot one today, hoping for fall weather this weekend,

Image result for have a good evening images

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  I like the shoes Jean.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the cute graphic and wishes for a good evening. I do hope the temps become more moderate for you.

Bernie--I can't figure out why the Q had such a large price difference for the OTO pricing on those shoes.

I work tomorrow but tonight I watch "The Voice."

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I am home, and pretty worn out.  I didn't sleep well at all, and I got up early to get to the first airport. Then I had a 3 1/2 hour wait at the second airport (Denver).  I did a lot of walking up and down the terminal, but time passed slowly.  It was cool (40's), rainy, and foggy in Denver, so I was happy the plane got off okay with just a slight delay.

I visited DH when I got home, and needless to say, we were very happy to see one another.  He did seem a little weak and tired, but happy.  In contrast to many, our weather was cooler than normal (80's), and tonight it is supposed to get down into the 50's, I think they are saying it may be a record low for September.  Later in the week, it should warm up -- 90's in the day and upper 60's or 70 in the morning..

Glad you tried out your new bag, Bernie.  Hope work goes okay tomorrow.

Glad your program was back on tonight, Jean.  I also hope those shoes work out well.

Nice graphic meallen.

I'm so sorry that your grandson is having such a rough time, twinny.  Sending hugs and good thoughts to all of you.  Nice of his teammates to visit him.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda