Trusted Contributor

Peplums are my biggest pet peeve! 

My opinion of leggings is not everyone can wear them.  It depends on what size you are.   Women with slimmer legs look best in them and I feel that a top that falls below your rear looks the best with them.  But another pet peeve of mine is tunic type tops that are too full.  I wore that look when I was pregnant many years ago.  I like my long tops and sweaters to be more fitted.  They are hard to find!Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

Peplums are my biggest pet peeve! 

My opinion of leggings is not everyone can wear them.  It depends on what size you are.   Women with slimmer legs look best in them and I feel that a top that falls below your rear looks the best with them.  But another pet peeve of mine is tunic type tops that are too full.  I wore that look when I was pregnant many years ago.  I like my long tops and sweaters to be more fitted.  They are hard to find!Woman Wink

I believe leggings/spandex are a privilege not a right!  No one wants to see your lady parts!

Valued Contributor

Well when you have a border in a contrasting color like that, it always makes that part of your body look wider. If you don't have to worry about that, I would love it. But I need all the help I can get.

Regular Contributor

QVC plus size models in skinny jeans.

Super Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My fashion pet peeve is leggings.  They look like thick tights, exposing every nook and cranny.  And then topped off by a big flowy top.  They may be OK for dance class or working out in a gym, but out n about in public I think they are borderline vulgar. 

IMHO, as long as they are opague and the top is tunic length and it covers your neither regions I have no problem with them. But when they are transparent and you see that nook and cranny I need eye bleach.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I think  everyday fashion  has regressed to the point where some people would probably go naked in public.  You see so many wearing these leggings that are tremenfously sheer . Even the young girls are being brought up with the notiion that it's oaky fashion to wear these leggings with short tops so you can  view their entire pelvis .  So many women wear these leggings and run around in them all day . These were  okay to wear during the 1990's aerobic classes but really all day out shopping ! without a tunic top  to cover one's deriere . Also you see so many women young and  even over age 50 wear tops so low all their chest hangs out .  You also see  young women walking around in fleece pants that look like PJ's  . What has the world come to !

I'm in my 60's and have seen alot of fashion styles over the years  but really .