Esteemed Contributor

I do have my fashion pet peeves.  Take this blouse, please

a367230.002.jpeg

What do you think about the border near the hem?

Honored Contributor

I

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I do have my fashion pet peeves.  Take this blouse, please

a367230.002.jpeg

What do you think about the border near the hem?

I can’t get past the 3/4 sleeves, that is my pet peeve. I don’t mind the border.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion pet peeves

[ Edited ]

Not a pet peeve of mine but I would have made the top with the border closer to the bottom hemline so it matched the placement of the border on the sleeve hems.

See how they did the border placement on this one:

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

I love that SG top...put the black one on my wishlist several days ago.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I think the blouse is pretty; however, I could not wear it.  That thick white border near the hemline would draw attention to my hips.  

I would prefer the border to be much thinner and have a darker background, or no border at all.

I don't like the border on the sleeves for the same  reason.  I am petite, 5'1" and that blouse would not work for me.

So, what is your pet peeve? You never mentioned what it was.

Honored Contributor

3/4 sleeves are my nemesis. They make my arms look stumpy. Same with Capri pants. 

Polyester, high waist, flip flops, tunics, skirts that hit below the knee, zippers, booties...all pet peeves 

okay, okay. I didn’t mean to carry on! Lol

Respected Contributor

My fashion pet peeve is leggings.  They look like thick tights, exposing every nook and cranny.  And then topped off by a big flowy top.  They may be OK for dance class or working out in a gym, but out n about in public I think they are borderline vulgar. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I like it.

It looks like it has a wider neckline.

The border doesn't bother me because the pattern repeats below it, and I'd wear this top, @NYCLatinaMe .

Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My fashion pet peeve is leggings.  They look like thick tights, exposing every nook and cranny.  And then topped off by a big flowy top.  They may be OK for dance class or working out in a gym, but out n about in public I think they are borderline vulgar. 

Good black leggings hide everything!

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Vulgar??? WOW!!! Smiley Surprised