Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I would probably have done the border in darker colors than the rest of the top and also to the bottom of the hem. And I’d have picked a better print. And better colors... 

But I can’t afford to have fashion pet peeves - I can find something I’d change to improve almost everything! LOL I have bigger battles to fight! 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I do have my fashion pet peeves.  Take this blouse, please

a367230.002.jpeg

What do you think about the border near the hem?

I like this top very much, I wear a lot of East Indian style kurti blouses simmilar to this. I have skinny arms and 3/4 sleeves looks good on me.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion pet peeves

[ Edited ]

I don't know if it's pet peeves or just preferences, but I hate peplums, lace, frill, florals, embroidery and most plaids.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  I would use it as a dust rag! Don't like it at all.

Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My fashion pet peeve is leggings.  They look like thick tights, exposing every nook and cranny.  And then topped off by a big flowy top.  They may be OK for dance class or working out in a gym, but out n about in public I think they are borderline vulgar. 

I like leggings IF the top is long enough to cover the crotch and butt.

My pet peeve is placement prints that say "here are my breasts, here is my uterus," or other anatomical parts!

Respected Contributor

3/4 sleeves, crops, capris - hate them all. I think they look like a laundry accident. At least on me they do. 

Peplums, skirts longer than top of the knee, voluminous anything, peep toe boots, tunics, polyester in anything other than athletic apparel (I have to admit that my synthetic fiber golf and workout clothes are outstanding), and themed clothing - these are just a few of my not favorite things!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Polyester, open necklines except buttoned shirts, shoulders made too small for the size, ankle pants, wide pants, maternity looking tops, boots that look like Lil Abner's.  

lil-abner-cover.jpg

Respected Contributor

I think it is a pretty top. I like the colors. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't put a line across the width of my rear end!!!  That's the first place the eye goes!

Respected Contributor

Long sleeves that are too long - so many pretty sleeve details now, but they don't work when the sleeves are too long.  I see many beautiful tops I like until I see they are tunics that are 30" for me 28" is it.    Turtlenecks, Peplums, Jeans, leggings that fit more like tights.  Short sleeves unless they are elbow length.  Casual shoes with thick soles

What I do like:  Slim leg ankle pants, wide leg pants (but not palazzo) printed pants, crop pants, (Susan Graver velvet pants - have many and especially love the printed ones I got last year) tops with 3/4 sleeves or else bracelet length sleeves with ruffle, bell, or other sleeve detail,  long cardigans (not as long as duster ankle length), tops that are a blend of cotton and modal.  Susan Graver's printed liquid knit tops and also solid colors to wear under jackets.  I wear a lot of jackets with dress pants to work.  The main criteria for me for clothes is they must fit, look good on me and most of all be comfortable.