Honored Contributor

I have a request.

Because I'd like to be able to be outside in the summer heat and comfortable too, my request centers around this as a request.

How about some "burnout" type long sleeved crew necks?

Or perhaps also cotton that is thin?
I noticed Amy of Clarkes was wearing a artist-watercolor stripe tee...it looked very nice.

If the cotton knit is thin enough, it would be really nice for summer,

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 

I completely agree.😃❤️

I love a thin cotton long sleeved tee!

Honored Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@LTT1 

I completely agree.😃❤️

I love a thin cotton long sleeved tee!

@cheriere   A long sleeve tee for summer?  An emphatic NO!

All the tees QVC has offered, summer or winter, the past few years have been pitifully thin so no worries there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I get my thin lightweight long sleeve tees from Old Navy.  I wear them year round.  Alone in hot weather.  Under sweaters and sweatshirts in cold weather.   I look for 60% cotton, 40% modal.  Always at terrific prices.  

Respected Contributor

I buy Tees from LL Bean and Old Navy. All cotton, light weight. Cannot stand stretch, modal or anything added. Too HOT. And Q prices just ridiculous for Tees.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I have a request.

Because I'd like to be able to be outside in the summer heat and comfortable too, my request centers around this as a request.

How about some "burnout" type long sleeved crew necks?

Or perhaps also cotton that is thin?
I noticed Amy of Clarkes was wearing a artist-watercolor stripe tee...it looked very nice.

If the cotton knit is thin enough, it would be really nice for summer,

@LTT1 

Talbots has a wide range of materials and thickness.  They have cyclical sales that are very good too.

Getting 8 tops from them today hopefully will like the majority of them!

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 My only gripe with Talbots is all those boatneck, and scoop neck tops are so wide my bra straps show and I have broad shoulders.

I wrote to them about it and got a nice note yesterday saying they really appreciate feedback like this!  I was very impressed because the letter talked about what I complained about and wasn't just generic--was written to respond to my thoughts. 

Respected Contributor

If you put "burnout" in the search bar you'll find some tops omn QVC. If you search burnout tops on Google you'll find a WHOLE lot of options and better prices.

Respected Contributor

Most cotton slub tees are pretty thin

Honored Contributor

I've always worn long sleeves, even in warm/hot vacation areas.

Mainly because of bees (I'm allergic), and also to somewhat protect my arms from too much direct sunshine.  

A thin, lightweight fabric 'shades' my arms, shoulders, chest area.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).