Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 5th, 2024)

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.  It is warm/hot and windy here, and we have a fire warning.  Fingers crossed we don't have a fire.  Hope the weather is nice or at least okay where you live.

Very sorry you need a whole new AC, Fressa.  Many homes in this area have their AC and furnace (or heat pump) on the roof. I am glad that isn't the case here because it can be difficult to have repairs/service on a roof unit.  Plus, I would never be able to change the furnace filter myself since I don't climb ladders at my age.

I ended up spending a lot of time in the hospice office on Friday.  Then, I went to the open house of an assisted living facility that is reopening after renovation.  I hope things go well for them since we need more long term care facilities in this retirement area.  

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the physical therapist tried "dry needling" on my back last Friday morning.  I really didn't get noticeable relief for the pain on Friday, but felt much better until late yesterday.  He also gave me some more exercises to do and said doing leg exercises in the hot tub (called spas here) was a good idea. So, I tried that yesterday afternoon, but didn't stay for long since the water was so very hot.  Perhaps I should try before the water gets too hot.

I was hoping for a dress TSV, but didn't order the SG one today since I am not fond of the style.  Hope any of you who ordered enjoy it very much. 

I spent a bunch of time switching clothes (warm weather into my bedroom closet and cold weather to the guest room closet).  Boy, do I have a lot of clothes.  Didn't find any to donate, but I certainly don't need any more pants!

Waves to Fressa, Glenda (have a fun trip), Bernie, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 5th, 2024)

Linda L, thanks for starting the thread.  We had a few 80° days last week,  but we didn't have to turn on the A/C.  We have had a few rain drops here and there which we need as we are in a drought too.  Now we are in the 70's which a chance of rain on Tuesday.  Good luck with your PT. I have not heard of dry needling.   I rarely go into a hot tub other than ours which is set at 98° in the winter months and 93°  ih the summer time.  My dh sticks his toes in & tells me if it is too hot.🤗🤗😎  I switched my winter clothes for summer clothes yesterday.  

My left knee is a lot better & so is my tennis elbow.  I will be taking my 3# dumb bells and my dh's hammer so I can do my exercises twice a day per my PT & my ds's medical advice.  

I forgot to mention that I hadn't been able to get QVC or HSN for three weeks.  Last night I was messing around with the Remote Control & they both on a two digit number channel.   To tell you the truth I didn't miss any of it.

We have had company off and on all week.  After church this morning  we met my bf and her gf for lunch at our favorite chicken restaurant. Then we went back to her house and played cards

I have been busy writing thank you cards for my dh.  I ran out of stamps and had to get more yesterday and I used my last thank you card yesterday.  

My dh vacuumed yesterday and I steam mopped the floors this morning & dusted tonight.  Tomorrow I have to stop the mail & decide what clothes to take on vacation.  I am thinking it's going to more on the hot side as we are going two weeks later than normal.  

I bought a trac fone when our ds was here and he got it all ready for me to use.  I bought my last trac fone 9 years ago when my Mom was in an assisted living place.  When she passed away 8 years ago, I let the time run out & never needed it.

Now I think it's a good idea in case of an emergency.

Prayers for Declan would be appreciated. He is starting chemo again this week.  Then the surgeon will decide how to treat the returning brain tumor.  His Mom had back surgery last week and can't do any lifting for at least 6 weeks.  It's stress related.  

I will try to keep up with all of you.  I am excited about going on a two weeks road trip and ending up at my niece's home in S. IL to celebrate the graduation for her ds and dd. That is if none of them get Covid while we are on vacation.   My  23 year old great niece was very sick with it and was in the hospital for a few days.   She has a pace maker.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L., Fressa & Bird Mama,  I posted to all of you on the last post.   Not this new one

I am tired and it's past my bedtime.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Hello all - looks like everyone is staying busy.  My youngest great niece made her First Communion on Saturday morning.  The Church service was lovely and the luncheon afterwards was nice.  I was glad that the weather held out because it looked like rain any minute when I woke up on Saturday.  

There is new life in the brown bird house - I heard faint chirps of 2 baby sparrows on Saturday morning.

I did the yardwork yesterday and smiled when I heard the chirps of the baby sparrows in the birdhouse - they are getting stronger and louder.

I wanted to apply weed and feed to the backyard but weather this week is going to get in the way.  We're expecting rain every other day and I need more of a lapse between mowing, rain, treatment and rain again in order for the weed and feed to work effectively.  We're expecting storms tonight and I'm hoping they aren't severe.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---How nice to have the bird house filled with a family. I have my fingers crossed that we have a bird family in the umbrella planter on the front porch. Since some of the flowers (fake) are pu dhed aside I'm guessing that we had a fw checking out space. So nice to hear the little chirps. 

Congrats toyour great miece on her First Communion!

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70----Good to hear that your knee and elbow are starting to feel better. It always is a boost when you turn the corner on an injury. 

I will keep Declan in my prayers.

Your two week road trip sounds wonderful. I miss those times. 

I am curious about the trac phone and think about it every time it's on sale. I think maybe when we both are retired might be the time to switch. The deals sound so budget friendly and our coverage area that we need is much smaller now. 

Have fun on your trip! 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I've not heard of the dry needling but there are quite a few new methods these days. I'm at the stage where I want to keep it fairly simple. (mainly because I'm always the odd one with the reaction) Water temps sure can make a difference on an injury. I know that when my knee is bad then I need to apply the pain cream and put the faux fur throw over it for the warmth. It gives me relief. The throw is light enough where I don't feel the weight. What ever works to ease that throbing. 

I cleared out the last corner in the spare room on Sunday. YIPPEE! I am getting clser to having it in "ready for paint" order. 

Sounds like hospice will be busier than usual for you for some time. In our area thay have built two new facilites. It seems that there is a waiting list for whatever level of care.Hopefully those in need will benefit from the new building.

I only have one closet for clothes now. I moved all the jackets and vests to the hall and craft room closets. I've moved and declutterd the clothes so much that I have to stop and think where I put the jacket that I want to where. LOL 

Two weeks anc crossing fingers for the A/C install.   

Honored Contributor

Yea @Fressa  when you move clothing from a familiar place it takes a minute to figure out where you put it, lol 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear you are doing better, Glenda.  Your trip sounds like a lot of fun -- enjoy!

My house has two bedrooms, thus two bedroom closets.  When my DH was alive, I had the bedroom closet and he had the one in the "office" (second bedroom).  Now, I still have most of my clothes in the bedroom closet, but also use almost half of the other closet for my clothes (the other half used for storing decorations and linens.)  Definitely have an excess of clothes, but just can't seem to be able to thin them out without feeling sad.  Working on it.

Glad you are down to one closet, Fressa.  I have lots of trouble finding things when I move them -- no excuse since i am the one doing the moving.  Fingers crossed on the AC installation.

Happy the weather held out for your great niece's communion and it was so nice, Bernie.  I'm sure you are thrilled with the baby birds in the bird house. 

On Monday I visited one of my hospice patients and then spent time in the office.  The senior lunch program went okay today, and then I had my Prolia shot before going to the gym. 

I guess my back is a little better, but there is a lot of room for improvement.  My physical therapy appointment is tomorrow at 8:00 a.m., and then I will be working at the hospice office for a while.  

On the good news front, DD had a mole removed and it is benign.  She was fortunate to get an appointment quickly.  

Our weather is pretty nice -- sunny and warm, but not too hot for comfort.

Waves to Glenda, Bernie, Fressa, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We're having some of those storms that are moving across the states. More are predicted for the weekend. UGH!! We need to get busy and clear out the garage for the A/C move and new unit. It's a  bit overwhelming right now but once I have a clear plan  of what goes where then I'll get my energy to start. I did get a good buy on an outdoor storage deck box at Kohl's. Good thing it has wheels. 

The township has been paving our street as well as the two connecting streets off and on for two weeks.It's a bit difficult to plan errands but they are working in between rain. Hopefully, I'll get a day soon for grocery shopping. 

LindaLatte---Hope you get some relief sooner than later for your back. My bf is still having pain and not doing her morning walks. 

My bf who lives in SC was still waiting for the water to dry up from the sorms and high winds they had over the weekend. She said the pickleball court was under water and expected to take a few days to dry. She plays every day and loves the game. She said they gossip more than keep score and enjoys the group of women. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.