Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion At Princess Eugenie's Wedding

@SharkE    oh sorry.  i'm in L A.  but i thought it was the East Coast feed. i would go to You Tube - they have royal channels, etc.  

Honored Contributor

Love this sigh of relief/ I am exhausted look on a Mother of the Bride.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Princess Eugenie's something borrowed was from the Queen today - who lent her an dazzling emerald tiara for her big day at Windsor Castle this morning.

The blushing bride opted for the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara, lent to her by her grandmother, while her matching diamond and emerald earrings were a wedding gift from the groom, Jack Brooksbank. 

The glittering bandeau tiara was lent to the bride by the 92-year-old monarch, and was made by Boucheron in 1919 in the fashionable ‘kokoshnik’ style popularised in the Russian Imperial Court. 

It is made of brilliant and rose cut diamonds pavé set in platinum, with six emeralds on either side. The tiara was bequeathed by socialite Margaret Greville to the Queen Mother in 1942.

The centre emerald is 93.70 carats, and also has diamonds set in platinum, the Palace said this morning, adding that previous wearers include both the Queen Elizabeth and her late mother.

Steeped in history: The glittering tiara was lent to the bride by the 92-year-old monarch, and was made by Boucheron in 1919 in the fashionable ‘kokoshnik’ style popularised in the Russian Imperial Court

She is stunning!  My favorite tiara, the emerald matches her eyes and the bouquet perfectly!  I adore the dress!!

Honored Contributor

needs diamond or gold necklace. They have fab jewelry and never wear the jaw dropping stuff. 

Pearls, ugh.......all Queenie ever wears and one diamond brooch.

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

A perfect English rose, scars and all. Love the dress!

scar.jpg

Eugenie said she wanted her scar to show to honor those who helped her and to encourage others with scoliosis. Perhaps this is why she chose not to wear a veil.

Honored Contributor

Meghan and Kate looked lovely and the Queen was also very lovely. Naomi Campbell dress was horrible.

The bride looked very pretty.  The train on the dress was spectacular as well as her tiara.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Love this sigh of relief/ I am exhausted look on a Mother of the Bride.

I wonder if Sarah actually did much wedding prep  Or do the Royals have people take care of everything and they just show up?

Is Beatrice sneezing or just camera-shy?  Her choice of colors is interesting - the royal blue dress and the purple head covering is probably avant garde, but doesn't sit well with me.

Honored Contributor

When I was watching I noticed the ladies were all holding onto their hats. Pippa's hat   However didn't move. She knows how to secure her headpiece !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Princess Eugenie's something borrowed was from the Queen today - who lent her an dazzling emerald tiara for her big day at Windsor Castle this morning.

The blushing bride opted for the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara, lent to her by her grandmother, while her matching diamond and emerald earrings were a wedding gift from the groom, Jack Brooksbank. 

The glittering bandeau tiara was lent to the bride by the 92-year-old monarch, and was made by Boucheron in 1919 in the fashionable ‘kokoshnik’ style popularised in the Russian Imperial Court. 

It is made of brilliant and rose cut diamonds pavé set in platinum, with six emeralds on either side. The tiara was bequeathed by socialite Margaret Greville to the Queen Mother in 1942.

The centre emerald is 93.70 carats, and also has diamonds set in platinum, the Palace said this morning, adding that previous wearers include both the Queen Elizabeth and her late mother.

Steeped in history: The glittering tiara was lent to the bride by the 92-year-old monarch, and was made by Boucheron in 1919 in the fashionable ‘kokoshnik’ style popularised in the Russian Imperial Court

She is stunning!  My favorite tiara, the emerald matches her eyes and the bouquet perfectly!  I adore the dress!!

That big center emerald looks like a cabachon rather than a faceted stone.  When the light hits it, it just glows.  Beautiful tiara.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment