Honored Contributor

Hey ... SoX and Brew are fakes! They are the rich kids on the block and won't admit it!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor
On 3/29/2015 moonchilde said:

For many I don't think it's so much that they really care deeply if someone is a fake persona, making up drama, or a poster with multiple nics, previously banned or otherwise. The person is going to keep doing what they're doing regardless. But people don't want the "fakes" to believe they're getting away with it and that no one knows, they're so clever, etc., so they question and call-out.

Your last statement makes some sense moonchilde. I suppose we do the fakers no favor by letting them think they're fooling anyone. And I suppose it would make you or others feel better by calling them out. Otherwise, who cares?

Occasional Contributor
On 3/29/2015 shamalamadingdong4 said: If people are so lacking in self-respect that they lie on a shopping board, then they are pretty pathetic. Personally, I look like a younger version of Angelina Jolie and just won the lottery. Would I lie?

So do I {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor
I don't care whether someone makes something up or not. What difference could it possibly make to me? I think it's crazy to measure your life against random unseens on a forum. Reading the responses here, thats exactly what some folk are doing. Why? It makes no sense at all.
Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Kathleen said:

There have been two instances in recent memory where another poster has taken something I've written and a few weeks later wrote exactly what I wrote (word for word) and passed it off as her/his own statement.

That's really strange. Why would somebody do that?

Respected Contributor
Do they let men in prison post, I sometimes wonder?
Honored Contributor

Yes, I know what you mean and I feel the same way. I post because I have the time and want to be honest when I post. I think some posters are not truthful about their situations, but they are not hurting any one.

Respected Contributor

I honestly have never thought about it.

I have seen sometimes where one poster will accuse another of being a new nickname.

I have had people look up what I said in the past to try to shame me or something. I am consistent in my beliefs, so I really don't care.

I don't report anyone, I don't judge any post inappropriate. I have put a few posters on ignore.

I have not lied about myself. There are some here who make it seem like this is a big part of their lives.

Even though forums are anonymous, I think we should all realize there is a REAL PERSON behind the posts. It is possible to HURT someone. I have been really hurt when I felt attacked in the past. I just didn't understand that there is true meanness on the internet. I really did not know. Now I have come to know there IS, and to just try not to care so much.

But, it has really not occurred to me to think posters are lying.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor
Amazing, I'm a bit confused...are you riding the Dyson to the International Space Station?
Super Contributor

If they are not who/what they say they are, then they are just fooling themselves ...

Some people enjoy living in a fantasy world!

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~