Honored Contributor

Re: Eye Glasses --- Do you go more by your face shape or what's in style?

@songbird 

I think the aviator style is really cool, but I don't think that is a look for me either.  I look back to some of the glasses I have worn over the years --- very tiny wire frames to huge, heavy plastic frames that covered my face!  Glad you fund one that suits and is comfortable!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Those are really sharp!  I bet you look terrific in them!  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

How true.  If they are not comfortable, doesn't matter how good looking they are!!! Yes,I'd look something really different but yet not too crazy!!! 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

I know what you mean.  I have often just got new lens put in and kept the same frame.  I opt for light frames because heavy ones just aren't comfortable. Comfort is very important! 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

I have a pair of frames once that were sort of half rims, for lack of a better term, and they were terrible.  Not durable at all.  Won't go that route again!  Some glasses are durable but feel hot and heavy.  That's not good either.  It's a big choice and takes a lot of time, I think! 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant 

Yes, very true.  I like to be sort of there but not too out there! I leave those uber modern ones to the younger people!  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I've had glasses in some form or fashion since I was 16!  Of course, my eyes have changed a lot and needs have changed as well.  Yes, I now have the need to wear them more often than not.  It's good to have an extra pair on hand, in case one pair breaks or even just for a change if a person can afford it.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf 

I agree.  I used to ask the Optician to help me pick them and didn't really care for their choices.  I just do it myself.  I have a plastic frame now that is kind of a dark blue, but not navy, sort of transparent and rather mosaic, with different muted colors running through, sort of like a stained glass window.  I really do like them and it will be hard pressed to find a pair I like as well. But I do want something different!  I think so also -- a bolder, flashier pair of sunglasses is fun!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala 

I never wore contacts.  By the time I decided I wanted to try them, the eye doctor said -- no, your eyes are too dry and you have other eye issues which would not be good for contacts.  I was disappointed and thought --- really?  But I decided - o.k., maybe better not.  Lucky you!  I always wanted to get contacts in a really beautiful color --- such as a turqoise (sp) or a very vivid green!  Oh, well, I have to make due with my wishy washy blue/green color! 

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal 

Your glasses sound so pretty!  I would probably like them as pink is one of my favorite colors!  I am self-conscious about my nose as well.  I think it's big but DH says --- what? -- no way - your nose is not big at all.  Any way, I think it's good that your eyes are staying well and no changes!