Respected Contributor

Duchess Kate in festive green

The Duchess of Cambridge paid a touching visit to Evelina London Children's Hospital on Tuesday morning, just moments after her patronage with the hospital was announced. Kate, accompanied by her husband William met youngsters who are receiving treatment. The royals left their three young children at home as they got into the holiday spirit and took part in some Christmas-themed activities.

Kate accessorised with an olive green clutch. Evelina London is part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, of which the Queen is Patron. 

By becoming patron of the hospital, Kate is hoping to shine a light on medical professionals working on the front-line in children's healthcare, and all the work they do to support youngsters in their early years.

kate-middleton-and-cruz

Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in festive green

She sure is buttoned up, obviously the Queen would approve.

But I do love the dress, it seems a bit old for her.

Regular Contributor

@software Some women do not have to expose themselves in order to feel pretty and feminine. Kate is truely a lady in her dress and her demeanor.

Honored Contributor

I wish Meghan would take a cue from Kate and wear some color.  Too often Meghan wears black, but she looks great in colors.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

She sure is buttoned up, obviously the Queen would approve.

But I do love the dress, it seems a bit old for her.

I think she's very appropriate for her position.  It says she is a thoughtful, well groomed grown-up who is worried about more than her looks, although she is beautiful.  

She is a mom and a respectible person.  Could she be dressed "younger?"  Sure.  But is it a requirement?  No.  This dress says she isn't afraid to be an adult.

We see so little of that now. 

Honored Contributor

I would say she looks beautiful as always.She has a nod to sassy with the shoes...they aren’t oxfords.

Super Contributor

Stunning. She could wear a burlap bag and look great.

Trusted Contributor

So beautiful as always. So nice to see this generation of royals are not stuffy

Honored Contributor

I want Kate to gain some weight and trim her hair.  I think since she appears to have lost so much weight, that long hair makes her look gaunt.  I don't want her to cut it short, just trim to her shoulders to make her face look less long.  I think she is just a very well-mannered, tailored and intelligent representative of the BRF and cannot see how William could have chosen anyone more suitable to become queen consort.

Respected Contributor

kate1112.jpg

L.K. Bennett's 'Mortimer' green dotted silk dress features pearl button details on the bodice and a bow tie at the neck.

lk-bennett-green-polka-dot-dress-kate-middleton