Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in festive green

I think she wears modest clothing because she's bending over or kneeling down a lot to talk to children.

I don't think anybody is jealous of her, HH.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Kate clearly like polka dots and who can blame her... This dress that she wore previously is, to my way of thinking, more fun, more youthful, more flattering and completely appropriate...

3cdd121820cba23104ca0a678b9c0962.jpg

I agree.  This dress looks wonderful on her and has much more style and flair.

The green dress is just kind of schoolmarmish.

IMHO, of course.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@patofl wrote:

@software Some women do not have to expose themselves in order to feel pretty and feminine. Kate is truely a lady in her dress and her demeanor.

There are plenty of choices where you don't "expose" yourself.

The dress is very pretty but very frumpy.

A modest V-neck would be very appropriate.

Reminds me of the '80s

dynasty-linda-evans-2.jpg

I don't think the neckline of the green dress is the problem.

I guess it's a lot like your pic here........

Except for the huge sleeves, huge shouders, huge bow, and huge belt.

Not to mention the huge hair.

Respected Contributor

[shrug] OK, I like the dress and think the green is lovely for the season. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

I want Kate to gain some weight and trim her hair.  I think since she appears to have lost so much weight, that long hair makes her look gaunt.  I don't want her to cut it short, just trim to her shoulders to make her face look less long.  I think she is just a very well-mannered, tailored and intelligent representative of the BRF and cannot see how William could have chosen anyone more suitable to become queen consort.

breathe of fresh air ! She can't eat more then 500 calories a day.

Needs 20 lbs at least. Aging her in the face. Haircuts are in order for couple of the Royal women, true.

@SharkE wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

I want Kate to gain some weight and trim her hair.  I think since she appears to have lost so much weight, that long hair makes her look gaunt.  I don't want her to cut it short, just trim to her shoulders to make her face look less long.  I think she is just a very well-mannered, tailored and intelligent representative of the BRF and cannot see how William could have chosen anyone more suitable to become queen consort.

Needs 20 lbs at least. Aging her in the face. Haircuts are in order for couple of the Royal women, true.

If she's fit and healthy at her current weight, why does she "need 20 lbs. at least"?  

She's very athletic.  She's eating a lot more than 500 calories a day.

Honored Contributor

Hope she is for her sake. She would look more shapely if she had a little more meat on those bones. Not so flat.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Hope she is for her sake. She would look more shapely if she had a little more meat on those bones. Not so flat.

That's her body type.  

She doesn't need to look more anything

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Kate clearly like polka dots and who can blame her... This dress that she wore previously is, to my way of thinking, more fun, more youthful, more flattering and completely appropriate...

3cdd121820cba23104ca0a678b9c0962.jpg

@stevieb  I think some of that "hanging on her" look is due, in part, to her very thin frame.  I do believe she is very much underweight.  It scares me that she might persist in staying thin and/or losing weight to the detriment of her marriage, as her MIL did.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Where did you read or hear she doesn't eat more than 500 calories a day?

Honored Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

This just proves that she would look great even in a gunny sack, because I don’t like that dress at all; it looks frumpy.

@Ladylaughsalot  If that's frumpy I have a new goal in life!  Please.  Call me frumpy any day!