Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 11)

[ Edited ]

.Good morning, shopping friends. I'll be off to the city in a few minutes to get my nails done and to do some grocery shopping. I want to do it before the weekend crowds during the holiday season. The negative is that it is 12 degrees right now.

I was tempted by the Lug travel bag TSV on Q2 but I don't need it but I really like it. I am also debating the Sun Joe snow shovel but want to give that some really long thought.

I've started assembling the few gifts I'll be giving. Those gift bags are so much easier than wrapping.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 11)

You didn't ask for comments about the Sun Joe snow shovel - but my 2 cents is  - it's a great product.  Bought one then gave it to my neighbor b/c he only had a big heavy barn shovel.  Bought myself another one.  I smile when I see him using it. Now price is lower.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you have a good time in the city.  That is certainly cold -- yikes!   I have turned into a total weather wimp, so I don't know how I could handle 12 degrees. 

I have not seen the Lug travel bag, but I imagine it is nice.  They had lowered the price on the shovel and I ordered it for DD and family.  Not sure if they have used it yet, but I think several people have found it to be very helpful.  Glad you and your neighbor have been happy with it fthunt. I am also happy there is no snow to shovel here.  Of course, I know that twinny and others are fans of snow.

I finished most of my Christmas cards yesterday evening.  Glad you have started assembling the gifts.  Those bags sure make things much faster.  I used to spend a lot of time wrapping gifts when DD was younger and my family was around.  

Today I have the senior lunch program and plan to go to the gym afterward.  Hospice sent me more forms to fill out (in regard to the drug testing).  I am thinking about having that done tomorrow.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Jean @KonaKat  @fthunt and Linda @LindaLatte

Jean, are you talking about the shovel or the snow thrower.  I know that I have talked about the 'magic shovel' upteem times to anyone who would listen.

Snow Joe Shovelution Snow Shovel with Spring Assist Handle - V34480

This is the one that I bought for me and my sister.  It's a back saver for sure.  One thing I would like to mention about this shovel is that the metal trim at the bottom of the shovel is glued on.  I learned during last year's Michigan winter that this trim will come off, given the right circumstances.  I am still debating whether or not to pop into home depot to buy a cheap riveting tool to fix it.  It happened to mine and my sister's.

I went directly to SnowJoe in October to see if there were any other models of shovels available.  I discovered this polycarbonate shovel and bought 2.  The trim is riveted on the bottom of the shovel.

Snow Joe Shovelution SJ-SHLV02 18-IN Strain-Reducing Indestructible Shatter Resistant Polycarbonate Snow Shovel w/ Spring Assisted Handle

At the time I got some kind of discount and free shipping.  Starting price is $39.98. 

Considering I used a snow joe shovel last winter (and we had some significant snowfalls) and never fired up my Ariens blower once, I consider it a good investment.  No back pain and even more importantly for me, no shoulder pain.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, have fun in the city today.  It's a good idea to try to avoid the crowds.  I love my new Lug crossover bag.  It is light weight and organizes great for my needs.

Linda L,  I was going to finish up our Christmas card's this morning, but haven't started yet.  I hope that your senior lunch goes well for you.  good luck with your drug test. 

Bird Mama, so far I am still waiting for some ❄❄❄.  We have His & Her's shovels and a snow thrower.  

it is another beautiful 30's day, but things are about to change. I am hoping for snow and not a freezing rain mixture tonight ending tomorrow morning.

Lunch is left over potato soup from yesterday and supper is leftover stew in the crock pot.  

it is a melancholy day for me since my dad passed away 27 years ago today.  I will never forget the phone call that I got at work.  He went very quick without any pain, so that was a good thing.  Now my mom and dad are together again &  looking down at us.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  I can totally relate to the melancholy feelings.  Sunday the 9th was the 2 year anniversary of getting the unexpected call at work about my eldest sister passing away.  Today is the 8 year anniversary of my mother's passing.  I got that call in the morning from middle sister - mom had passed during the night (not 100% unexpected - still unsettling).

It's weird, the morning I got the call about my mother I awoke early and felt really unsettled.  It was a Saturday and even Leah and AM Style couldn't overcome the anxious feeling I had.  I was actually pacing around the kitchen when the phone rang.  I saw the caller ID and I knew.

The day my sister died we had received news at work about a lady from another area that we all knew who had died the day before (with her husband) in a massive car accident while she was travelling for work.

I felt compassion for her young (college age) children who lost both parents yet not to the point of tears.

Around 12:30 - 1:00 pm that day I felt an overwhelming sadness and melancholy to the point of tears and for the life of me couldn't pinpoint where this was coming from.

Later that day I got the call from my niece at work.  My sister was found deceased by her eldest daughter at lunchtime.  Mind you my sister was up and talking to the younger niece (who was living with her at the time) that morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@twinny70  I can totally relate to the melancholy feelings.  Sunday the 9th was the 2 year anniversary of getting the unexpected call at work about my eldest sister passing away.  Today is the 8 year anniversary of my mother's passing.  I got that call in the morning from middle sister - mom had passed during the night (not 100% unexpected - still unsettling).

It's weird, the morning I got the call about my mother I awoke early and felt really unsettled.  It was a Saturday and even Leah and AM Style couldn't overcome the anxious feeling I had.  I was actually pacing around the kitchen when the phone rang.  I saw the caller ID and I knew.

The day my sister died we had received news at work about a lady from another area that we all knew who had died the day before (with her husband) in a massive car accident while she was travelling for work.

I felt compassion for her young (college age) children who lost both parents yet not to the point of tears.

Around 12:30 - 1:00 pm that day I felt an overwhelming sadness and melancholy to the point of tears and for the life of me couldn't pinpoint where this was coming from.

Later that day I got the call from my niece at work.  My sister was found deceased by her eldest daughter at lunchtime.  Mind you my sister was up and talking to the younger niece (who was living with her at the time) that morning.

WOW.  We never know what path God has for us which is a good thing.  For me my dad's very sudden passing was the worst part.  He had a 1:00 p.m  oral surgeon appointment downtown.   Our ds was in college & asked me to go to the office supply store to get him something.  As I got to the oral surgeon place ( near the office supply store),  there was an ambulance there.  I rushed home and the phone was ringing when I got inside.  Mom said that Dad had lost his vital signs & he had been taken to the hospital.  I picked her up and we headed to the hospital.  They said that they were going to put in a pace maker the next day.  I  saw him and he told me to go to work.  I got to work late and the Dr. told mom to go back home and come back up the next morning.  My  DH gave me the bad news just as I was about to leave work.  I never ever told mom that I saw the ambulance.  Dad drove himself downtown,  so my dh and mom had to search for their van.