Honored Contributor

Re: Does this outfit have an age attached to it?.......................

Skirts that short on a grown woman makes it appear she is selling something. 

Honored Contributor

1st photo......under 35.

2nd photo.....any age.

of course, anyone of any age feel free to wear anything! lol....ultimately it is the choice of the wearer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It has a certain body type attached to it.  That outfit, as it is, works best for the thin because the skirt is soooo short.  It's  really a classic outfit but if you don't have that thin, perfect body, you'd wear a skirt that didn't show quite so much age.  And if you don't have great legs or over 60, you'd probably wear skirt that hits at or just above the knee.  I think that's what makes dressing so much fun today.  We can see a certain look and put a similar look together that works for our bodies and lifestyles.  If I did that outfit, the skirt would be A line and it would come to my knee and I'd wear tall or mid calf boots.

Honored Contributor

Olivia Newton John & John Travolta recently filmed at one of her concerts. For sure!! She could wear this. She looks the same!! By the way they sounded great!!
Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Legacy Ankle Length Faux Leather Skirted Leggings A257454

These are still popluar. That's SK on the right.

download (1).jpg

Well, I have made this point several times here about skirted leggings/skorts.  I don't care what you name it or what the person feels like they're wearing, it still looks like a mini-skirt (and tights), so IMO looks ridiculous on an older woman.

Is this the point you are trying to make, OP?  lol

I think she looks fabulous. It's not like she's wearing a onesie or a frilly skirt and pigtails and trying to look 10. Can everyone wear a short skirt and be age-appropriate? No. Can some people? Absolutely.

Honored Contributor

I'm in my 60s.   I'd wear it but to the right venue.    Casual night out with friends, sure.    I think I would prefer the skirt a bit longer but since it's over leggings or tights, not a problem.  I'm 5'5", size 14 and relatively proportional.

My late husband & I were bikers.   This outfit would be "dressy" for bike night!

@SilleeMee wrote:

Two-piece-faux-leather-skirt-culottes-legging-black-legging-bronzier-culottes.jpg

Just wanted to know. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

I'm in my 60s.   I'd wear it but to the right venue.    Casual night out with friends, sure.    I think I would prefer the skirt a bit longer but since it's over leggings or tights, not a problem.  I'm 5'5", size 14 and relatively proportional.

My late husband & I were bikers.   This outfit would be "dressy" for bike night!

@SilleeMee wrote:

Two-piece-faux-leather-skirt-culottes-legging-black-legging-bronzier-culottes.jpg

Just wanted to know. Woman Happy

@software,

ITA. It's the leggings that is the deal-breaker for me. No way I would wear this outfit without those leggings! And I would so rock it out at a biker party.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Okay...so take away that skirt and instead have a tunic that is just as short as short as that skirt...then this would be alright?

leopard-print-top-and-skinny-black-pants.jpg

She looks happy in it and that's all that really counts. Myself, I wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit. LOL

Honored Contributor

I had a skirt much like the picture, although the zippers were straight up and down, with a matching jacket.

I was in my late 20s and early 30s when I wore it and boy did I look hot!

If my daughter didn't abscond with it I'll try it on now! lol

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think it has a body type attached to it - small , thin , perfect figure.

And young(er)!!!