Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss the shoulder pads you use with anything you're wearing?

Thank you to everyone who answered with suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss the shoulder pads you use with anything you're wearing?

Gosh!  Wish I had the advantage of adding a shoulder pad to some of the ladies I style in the store. I'd love to have just very thin pads.

If you need them, they surely make things look better.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely miss them.  They give structure to the shoulders, clothes look better, hang better, fabric doesn't collapse over the shoulders, and they make our hips look smaller.  Perfect for women with rounded, sloped, shoulders.  

Louis Dellolio made a jacket with small removable pads for those who don't like them.  Would like to see QVC designers offer them.  Not talking about 80's shoulder pads.  

Recently added them to a jacket designed by Colleen Lopez on HSN.  What a difference they make to how this jacket looks on me.  

I use them all the time.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My shoulders are broad to begin with, so padding makes me look like a linebacker. 😻

Same here @QVCkitty1 . I’ve saved a lot of time not having to cut them out of tops and jackets. I think some people still assume I’m wearing them. 😜

Honored Contributor

I saved all the old removable shoulder pads that had the velcro on them.  All I have to do is stick them inside the shoulders of my knits and they stay in place.  I like to use them in some of my bulky outter-wear weight sweaters.

SG used to use them in her big shirts .... I have bags of them!

Super Contributor

I'm definitely a lover of shoulder pads - the small ones, not those big linebacker ones - because they make blouses look a lot better on me.  Many years ago I found a camisole in a store that was shaped like a tank top, very plain with a deep scroop neck with wide straps, and smaller built-in shoulder pads.  I liked it so much I bought three of them and I still use them today under blouses.  They are very well worn and I would like to replace them, but I won't give them up.

I have always felt that this is something Kathleen Kirkwood could produce, but I have never seen anything like them.

I am going to post a message for Kathleen Kirkwood in the Suggestion Box just in the hope she might be interested.

Today it is hard to even find a camisole, let alone one with shoulder pads.

Trusted Contributor

I am and always will be a fan of shoulder pads. Everything looks better and your clothes drape better. I am talking about the thin ones. I still have Kirkwood Bucket of Pads. 3 of them are slimmer and look wonderful. One is a thicker one that I use once in a while. 

Heck yes, I do miss those shoulder pads.  They used to balance me out quite nicely.  But some girls got a little carried away & looked like they could be a linebacker which gave them a bad name.  Like big hair, it they were misued

and we moved on to a more natural look.  Not necessarily a bad thing.

Honored Contributor

Knits would probably look better with a soft, thin pad.  Other than that no pads.  I look back at pictures when we were wearing the big shoulder pads and we all looked like line backers.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have Melissa McCarthy shoulders, everything slides off, handbags and especially bra straps.  But I certainly won't go to the trouble of tryig to position shoulder pads.  MM is a reference to a recent Ellen DeGeneres show.