Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss the shoulder pads you use with anything you're wearing?

[ Edited ]

FYI--I tried Amazon and bought "Natural Womens" shoulder pads and they were terrible for me.   

Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss the shoulder pads you use with anything you're wearing?

I always looked better with shoulder pads. I'm thin with narrow shoulders, Nothing stays up on me, bra straps, tank tops and when I wear a silky type jacket, it never hangs right. Shoulder pads made the jackets hang properly. I think Joan Rivers used to have shoulder pads in her jackets.

My friend is a large woman and she always looked slimmer and taller in shoulder pads. I think they make your hips look smaller.

I wish they'd come back. I'd be afraid to order because they work best when they are designed to fit a garment.

Honored Contributor

@Virginia Shopper wrote:

With all of the knitsI wear, I would personally look better with a soft should pad.  Sometimes the models look like they're wearing should pads but I haven't seen any for sale on the Q.  Years ago I bought several iterations of them from qvc.  Does anyone else feel the same?  If so, maybe qvc will bring them back if enough of us ask.

Yes, and if I wanted to appear on tv I’d say my invention would be taking the thin silicone pads for “covers” (DIMRS) and make them shoulder pads.

For now, These are coming to me:

E1FBBAA5-3C46-4F72-96BD-9D1A7237C2FE.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

I had the ones sold here. I have sloped shoulders and the shoulder pads made me look put together better.  I still have a couple pairs and I baby them so they last. I wish that they would get brought back. 

Honored Contributor

@Virginia Shopper @Kat mom @Ceci @mia 2 @Fona 

Just wanted to post that the ones from China arrived (ordered from A) and they are PERFECT!

E1FBBAA5-3C46-4F72-96BD-9D1A7237C2FE.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@Virginia Shopper   

Jo-Ann Fabric or Shoulder Pads .com

Honored Contributor

I think I would try some again---I have no breasts due to cancer so am flat and maybe that little bump at the shoulder line would help my tops hang better. Very hard to shop for tops for me---but am happy with my flatness, don't get me wrong. 

Valued Contributor

I do. Soft shoulder pads though as you said. Unless you already have very wide shoulders, they balance the body. And they were removable so if you didn't like the look you could just taks them out.