Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear a sleep bra?

I wear Genie bras and sometimes I do fall asleep in my bra, they are so comfortable.  I slept in a bra when I was pregnant too.  Women with very heavy, pendulous boobs often sleep in sleep bras for comfort. 

Trusted Contributor

I have an average bust size, and I have never been bothered by wearing a bra.

I get dressed put one on and don't take it off until  going to bed.  But I think bras

can be more uncomfortable for larger busted ladies.  My mother was larger busted and always wore a sleep bra, fastening in the front.

Honored Contributor

I'm size 12  40DD and to comfortably sleep need to wear a bra. I either wear a sport bra or Rhonda Sheer one.  I buy good quality convertible bras that fit perfectly and can be either strapless, halter, racerback or regular with underwires and am always comfortable in them and could even sleep in comfort in them.  Cheap ill fitting bras are uncomfortable and most women won't spend a lot to get a perfect fitting bra so of course they are uncomfortable. When I go for a massage it takes a while to comfortably position myself and sleeping without a bra even though I sleep on my back isn't conducive to a good night's sleep.  I also have to add that I am not as saggy as others who are much smaller busted than I am who do not wear bras most of the time so it appears that not letting them hang has done some good for me! 

Valued Contributor

No, I don't wear a bra when I sleep.  I would be so uncomfortable.  I can't have anything binding on me when I sleep.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, ahh bras from Rhonda Shear.  I'm not super busty at all,  but I love the comfort of her bras.  i read somewhere one's girls stay perkier if one wears a bra to sleep. 

LOL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have worn my regular bras to bed since I can remember. I usually wear a size 2/4P top and my bra size is 32-DD. My small frame makes it very uncomfortable to go without a bra. I can't tell you how many times, in my younger days, that I've thought of getting reduction surgery. Now, not so much...I've grown used to the girls and I'm not the very active athlete I used to be.Woman Happy

Occasional Contributor

I wear either a sports bra or a tank top

Esteemed Contributor

I thought some women did this to help "the girls" not sag. I can't do it. Not busty here, its just not comfy. Besides that, its too late....Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I thought some women did this to help "the girls" not sag. I can't do it. Not busty here, its just not comfy. Besides that, its too late....Woman Sad

Yes, since I'm busty I have worn bras 24-7 to keep them from sagging. Once the breast ligaments are torn, they will sag irreversibly. Torn ligaments can only be "fixed" with surgery.

Honored Contributor

I am not bothered by a bra at all.  If any of my bras are uncomfortable, I toss them and buy something else.  I put my bra on for work in the morning and never take it off until I'm going to bed at night.  IMO if they are uncomfortable, pinching, poking, tight, etc., you need to find new bras.  

At one time, during that certain time of the month, I used to have to sleep in a bra because my breasts were so tender, it was painful not to have them supported.

Now I do not sleep in a bra but I also own a few Ahh bras and Genie bras. I would have no problem sleeping in them.  I would not sleep in an underwire bra though.