Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like clothing that is heavily embellished?

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

Stars and rhinestones during the day don't appeal to me. I think they detract and wear the woman. What about you?

Heavily, no? But that's subjective, isn't it? I suppose it depends on the woman. Smiley Happy

I think they're fun. I spend my days in a gray cubicle in a gray office and I welcome some color and sparkle into my boring space. Some of the pieces can be too much, but a little sparkle is nice.

I wouldn't wear them when I do a presentation because then they can detract, but so can just about anything. I don't even wear bright nail polish if I do an in-presentation. But when it's me at my beige desk behind gray walls most of the day, absolutely yes.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I never wore anything with bling to work, except the week of Christmas, but I do like it for going out to dinner or special occasions. I like the shirts with pretty embroidery for around the house.

Alot of Quacker is pretty....but there are some pieces over done IMO.....

Honored Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two t-shirts of Isaac's that are just three small pin type embellishments that was popular a couple of years ago. I kept them, but when I wore them the embellishment was heavy and pulled away from the body and even pulled on the light, thin t-shirt. 

For me, I don't like the heavy embellishment, like Susan Graver has on her LK. That's way too much for me, and it must be heavy and pull from the body. 

I, too, would rather wear jewelry and do the embellishing myself. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I don't care for any rhinestones, sequins, etc on any of my clothes. I think it makes them look cheap even if they are not.  

"Looks 'cheap"? Could you define that please?

Respected Contributor

Sparkle is my favorite color Smiley Happy  I don't have anything that's "heavily embellished" but I do love a little sparkle in my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. I really enjoyed reading them.

Frequent Contributor

Heavily...No, slightly...yes...a small bit of bling makes me feel happy!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind something that's so very small and one mayby every eight inches.  Chicos and White House Black Market do it well.  

Less expensive brands don't have the styling.  

I'd rather have a good one and wear it for a long time because it will always look good

You get what you pay for.

Trusted Contributor

At my age I don't wear no sparkles and rhinestones on my clothing because I would look like Zeppi the clown.