Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you like clothing that is heavily embellished?

No. I don't care for heavily embellished clothing. Also do a google search on where most of those items are made and who makes them. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered two pair of the TSV. My first purchase of anything with bling, but I thought it wasn't screaming bling. Just hope I ordered the right size.

Respected Contributor

No.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind some embellishment.  It just depends on what it is.

I do not wear any type of "theme" clothing. 

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@traveler, I think the comments from those who don't find Quacker appealing to be quite restrained, whereas the Logo haters let it all loose. Just read the thread in Today's Special Value about the recent Logo item. You never ever read posters going off on QF that way. It truly amazes me.

@MaggieMack

Many years ago when Jeanne was still selling there were nasty threads about QF every time Jeanne was on the Q. They definitely "went off" on her and her clothes. When she passed away it calmed down quite a bit. 

For me a little sparkle or embroidery is ok if it is subtle, tonal, or enhances the top. I don't want every top I own to have embellishments. I don't wear all over sequins or large embroidered motifs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@traveler, I think the comments from those who don't find Quacker appealing to be quite restrained, whereas the Logo haters let it all loose. Just read the thread in Today's Special Value about the recent Logo item. You never ever read posters going off on QF that way. It truly amazes me.

@MaggieMack

Many years ago when Jeanne was still selling there were nasty threads about QF every time Jeanne was on the Q. They definitely "went off" on her and her clothes. When she passed away it calmed down quite a bit. 

For me a little sparkle or embroidery is ok if it is subtle, tonal, or enhances the top. I don't want every top I own to have embellishments. I don't wear all over sequins or large embroidered motifs. 

@wilma, I came to the Q years after Jeanne died, and was even later to the forums, so I missed all that drama. I don't see any nasty comments directed to Quacker Factory purchasers, but lots of them directed to other lines. Why can't we just all get along and support one another's clothing choices?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I'm a boring dresser ... I will admit ... boring. Classic cuts and classic colors. Very few prints and no embellishments.

I'm particularly not a fan of the sparkly back pockets on jeans that I see EVERYWHERE. I realize some of these jeans are quite expensive and some are, I suppose, fashionable. But I've seen I don't know how many women wearing the jeans where the pocket comes down their backside to several inches down the back of their thighs and I'm wondering why? Really ... thin ladies do not look good in these pants .. really they don't. Ladies w/ a booty (and I'm more that shape) really don't need to bedazzle their back sides. I'm gonna guess I'm a boring fuddy duddy. :::shrug:::: you asked. Smiley Happy

Now sequins on dressy attire, fine. Knock yourself out. I'm not that person but I do see embellishments that are tasteful and/or cute. QF doesn't bother me so much and I think for some folks that wearing a bedazzled flag on your t-shirt/sweater is fun. My SIL wears bedazzed stuff and it totally fits her personality and her style. It's just not my style.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I don't like glittery stones, sequins or beading for daily wear; only for New Year's Eve or special occasions. I don't mind embroidery for everyday. I don't like fringe at all. A tiny bit encircling the neckline of a tee is OK if it's done right; maybe like a thin line of some metallic. I wish that Quackery Factory made a line without embellishment because I like their quality, just not a fan of the sparkles.

Trusted Contributor

I am bad about popping stitches, so I try to avoid embellishments, quilting, and embroidery.

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

NO!! (imo) It cheapens the garment, &  raises the cost.