Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Fringe On Lady's Clothing?

I do and have a few fringe pieces. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, on some pieces.

'What I did':  I had a light (bleached) denim shirt that I had when I was in my twenties or so.

Anyway, because I couldn't fit into it, I cut off the sleeves and it became a vest, worn open.

It has a few metal studs on the collar.

By cutting off the sleeves, the arm openings became slightly fringed!

So, if anyone here has a denim shirt (or any shirt) that no longer fits you, try cutting off the sleeves.  Make them cap sleeves first, just to see how that looks.  You can continue to trim off to your liking.

I get quite a few compliments on that vest.  Especially now that fringe is back in style.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvrwrote:

@ECBG

10 minutes south of Winston. Sounds like a nasty weekend coming our way! We've had to mow the lawn already.

@AussieLuvr,WOW!  Can't imagine mowing the lawn here!  No way!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBAwrote:

Depends on the particular piece.  

I have a long cardigan (bought in Chico's years ago) that's fringed all around the front and collar.  Almost all my scarves, shawls and ponchos are fringed.

For shirts, pants, shoes, handbags .... absolutely NOT.  I really, really, reallly don't like today's TSV blouse and WWC jeans earlier this week .  

@ALRATIBA

Full disclosure? I laughed out loud when I saw those jeans!

What initially comes to mind when I hear the word Fringe is the long dangly stringy stuff generally made of nylon attached to the bottom of a garment but given the term's broad usage I can't say that I dislike or like all of it by any means

Honored Contributor

No.....perhaps a Halloween costume?

Trusted Contributor

I think it looks good on the younger women, but I like a clean hem on me.

Honored Contributor

I have a lovely Frye suede fringe purse that my dh bought me last Christmas. I love it! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I agree with others who have said that Joan’s TS blouse does not have fringe even though they call it that. Frayed edges are completely different & not really a look I care for. There may be exceptions but I can’t think of any right now.

Esteemed Contributor

It depends. I like the fringe on my two punchos tops I own they would be boring if not for that. And I do like fringe on the boots I got recently. I do not care for the sweater in the picture too much fringe.

Honored Contributor

Don't much care either way---I like it on some things, for me,  according to my own taste. I don't judge what other folks wear or like----