Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, Diane is having a TS Sunday and they are doing a presale of it now.  It's a pair of superstretch skinny jeans.  These are a jean with a regular button front waist with a zipper, not a pull on of any type.  They come with a subscription to Vogue magazine.

The price is $49.95 plus s/h.  These are not a new jean because there are already 977 reviews with an average of 4.1 stars.  

Trusted Contributor

I have never tried this brand. I do not see the inseam measurements for writes on the hsn website does anyone know what it is? Are these jeggings or jeans?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If anyone is interested, Diane is having a TS Sunday and they are doing a presale of it now.  It's a pair of superstretch skinny jeans.  These are a jean with a regular button front waist with a zipper, not a pull on of any type.  They come with a subscription to Vogue magazine.

The price is $49.95 plus s/h.  These are not a new jean because there are already 977 reviews with an average of 4.1 stars.  

@Squirrel Lover if you go to the hsn site and search gilman superstretch, the first thing that comes up are the TS jeans on presale.  If you click the details tab, it will give you more info.  The average inseam is 29, petite is 27 and tall is 31.

These are a regular skinny jean, not a pull on jegging or legging.    

Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  Her sizing is very inconsistent, but under garment measurements it says the lengths (P,A,T) are 27, 29, and 31".  I'll caution you that she increases the rise an inch or so as the lengths increase.  This is a problem for me because I have very long legs for my average height, but I don't need extra room in the rise, so her jeans in the tall look like a wet diaper on me.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Squirrel Lover  Her sizing is very inconsistent, but under garment measurements it says the lengths (P,A,T) are 27, 29, and 31".  I'll caution you that she increases the rise an inch or so as the lengths increase.  This is a problem for me because I have very long legs for my average height, but I don't need extra room in the rise, so her jeans in the tall look like a wet diaper on me.

These are definitely a no go for me because I can't do anything from her line but pull-on styles.  Everything else is too big in the waist by the time I get the hips, butt and thighs to fit me. 

I also have the same problem with lengths.  I would need the 31" inseam but I don't want the waist under my breasts and that's what would happen.

These jeans are getting really good reviews but I'm not even tempted because I know it would be a return.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not tempting for me either, been there done that. The Talls fit like mom jeans. I do have one pair of her ponte stretch jeans from a couple years ago that didn't get donated. That is the only pair of her jeans that I would try again.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

The thing I don't like about her skinny jeans is that they bunch on my leg. They look great when you first put them on and then they start creeping up the leg and bunch.  None of the other leggings or skinny jeans that I buy do that.  I wear them bare legged, too.  By the way, check out Nordstrom and look at the Wit and Wisdom stretch jeans.  They fit so well and don't bag anywhere, especially your bottom.  They are under $70.00. 

Esteemed Contributor

The last pair I took a chance on was probably 3 years ago...prior to that I had given up totally for several years...inconsistent sizing and sausage casing "skinny."  My "skinnies" do the same thing as @GSPgirl...they stick up on my legs when I get up from sitting...I have to do a little dance to get them to fall back down...lovely. 

I still own and wear approx 6 of her old fabric jeans in various styles.  The last pair (3 yrs ago) was in one of her newer fabrics...wasn't impressed.

However...

The other day I was browsing HSN's site and came upon these...last pair in my size...baby bell not sausage I mean skinny...color I wouldn't normally try at a regular price, but these were $17 total...if I hate them, or more likely if they don't fit, I won't feel too awful donating them...ordered Tue...should be delivered today...I got red (shocker!)...

DG2 by Diane Gilman Classic Baby Boot-Cut Jean

395-792

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I am amazed that people still buy her jeans.  Inconsistent quality and sizing are part of doing business with Diane Gilman.  Be prepared to spend a fortune returning inconsistently sized jeans.  I gave up on her a long time ago.

How is it that the shopping channels don't do something about this after all the complaints?  LM

Honored Contributor

I can't wear her jeans.  Her 2's are like b and m 6's.  I'm not skinny, but her jeans just don't fit me .  I love stretch but not that much stretch.  Diane takes a 4 in her jeans, and she looks to be a size 10.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"